let's get Glob-AL!!

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

martmercer
Occasional

let's get Glob-AL!!

Post by martmercer »

ok, Al has toured america and canada for some while now

but he would have toured Austrailia for RWS or BHD

this got me thinking

if Al was to tour the world what countries would you like to see him apear in and what kind of stuff would you like to see him do?'

i, at present, can't think of anything at the moment but...
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Re: let's get Glob-AL!!

Post by scottidog »

i, at present, can't think of anything at the moment but...

<Scottidog wonders why you didn't think of the UK?>

:P

Anywhere but France or Germany. :mad:
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Anywhere but France

Yeah....how dare that country help our own revolution and give us the Statue of Liberty.....bunch of traitors.

I'm going to go rename some more things that didn't originate there in the first place.
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

Anywhere but France
Yeah....how dare that country help our own revolution and give us the Statue of Liberty.....bunch of traitors.

Yeah its not like we put 50,000 troops in normady liberating their country twice without them even helping us liberate the country and then criticizing us when we're trying to liberate another country from a ruthless dictator....they sure make alot of sense. Do you think maybe they couldve just ya know at least shut up, because god forbid the french actually fight, about the whole thing seing how we saved them twice? No thats asking too much right? Get ur facts straight, k?

Ok i dont want this topic to turn into political topic. Srry.

To answer the question i think Al should go to the Netherlands. WhiZZi deserves to see Al! And i think he should go to the UK, Australia, Jamaica (theyd love Buy Me a Condo), russia (that was for u seva) and Italy (Lasagna, anyone?)
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Sweden. I like their meatballs. Their accent is awesome too. Go Sweden.

BUT THEY CAN'T COMPARE WITH THE IRISH LADDIE!!!

Eric "I can tell everyone knows I'm Irish Now, but Sweden is still pretty cool" Sarley
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

Sweden. I like their meatballs. Their accent is awesome too. Go Sweden.
BUT THEY CAN'T COMPARE WITH THE IRISH LADDIE!!!
Eric "I can tell everyone knows I'm Irish Now, but Sweden is still pretty cool" Sarley

Oh! I forgot about those two! Ive been to Ireland for three days it was the coolest place ever
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Yeah its not like we put 50,000 troops in normady liberating their country twice without them even helping us liberate the country and then criticizing us when we're trying to liberate another country from a ruthless dictator....they sure make alot of sense.
If it wasn't for France's help in the Revolution, we wouldn't have been there to help in Normandy....unless I'm forgetting some Normandy battle that happened before the late-1700s.

And France, like a lot of countries, was not criticizing the U.S., at least not initially. They were simply saying, "This is the wrong war to fight. This is the kind of situation that we have set up a United Nations for."

In fact, it seems as if the U.S. is doing the most "criticizing," like a spoiled baby who whines after not getting its way. France or Germany haven't done anything as infantile or petty as rename or socially ban American items in their countries.

Allies are not the same thing as toadies.

For all of the boasting this country does about upholding the rights of free speech and free opinion, we sure are quick to lash out at those who use that to say something other than "Yessir!"
Get ur facts straight, k?
Why? Did they not help us with the American Revolution? Did they not give us the Statue of Liberty? Which specific fact that I brought up that you are taking offense with? I admit that I'm no history major, but I'm pretty sure both of those happened.
Ok i dont want this topic to turn into political topic. Srry

You should be. Seriously, I don't want this thread to turn political either (god forbid we actually *discuss* things in a discussion forum), but this whole anti-France thing is just stupid, petty, and getting ridiculous ("Boy, I sure hope there's no Freedom Horn being played on the new album!")....and certainly has nothing to do with where Al gets to tour.

If Al ever had a tour going that way, and if I had the means to travel there, I would be there in a heartbeat to see him.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

I'd like to see him tour some of Europe, as well as the capital cities in Australia and probably New Zealand
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

You should be. Seriously, I don't want this thread to turn political either (god forbid we actually *discuss* things in a discussion forum), but this whole anti-France thing is just stupid, petty, and getting ridiculous ("Boy, I sure hope there's no Freedom Horn being played on the new album!")....and certainly has nothing to do with where Al gets to tour.

If Al ever had a tour going that way, and if I had the means to travel there, I would be there in a heartbeat to see him.

Hey man i didnt start this im givin my two cents on YOUR post. And im by no means anti-French and i not gonna spend more time on this subject cause i could argue with u for days about this stuff. This forum is about Weird Al and we're gonna have to agree to disagree on political issues and save that for somewhere else.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Hey man i didnt start this im givin my two cents on YOUR post.

Well I wasn't blaming you, doc. I was hoping that was clear by using the word "Seriously" after alluding to such. I would have used an emoticon, but I agree with Dave's idea of limiting them. After all, we're in a war.

And I agree with you that most political views shouldn't even come up around here (not saying they should be done away with completely or forcibly....after all, right or wrong, hasn't this fan base been accused of "censoring" enough in the last few years?), but needless French-bashing is where I draw the line. And as I'm sure you saw, I was responding to such. Them's me roots under attack.

I think Al would be happy with any audience he can get outside of North America. An Australian tour almost happened, but once in a blue moon Al's stuff does meet with some success in Europe.

The bottom line is, wherever, it would have to be HUGE to get the label to consider a tour....so the moral to our friends in foreign lands is, BUY EVERY AL THING YOU SEE!