Question for anybody who attended the Toledo Show(or anyone)

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Liquidwolfe

Question for anybody who attended the Toledo Show(or anyone)

Post by Liquidwolfe »

The toledo show was awsome, even if it did rain. he did the show, then did his standard "goodnight toledo" and walked off. The crowd stood and clapped like no tomorrow. My question is, what was the music they played (that evil opera/choir type music) they played when they fogged up the stage and they came back out to play the 2 starwars songs?? Id really like to get that piece of music. Any Ideas? anyone?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

OE told me what it was, but I've forgotten. It was cool though wasn't it? That Rubén can sure play, huh?

Oh, I wasn't at the Toledo show, but he played it at the SLO show.
Clyde the Viking
Occasional
Location: Oh, you know where I am. Mwa- ha- ha- ha- ha- cough- sputter- gag- choke!

Post by Clyde the Viking »

That creepy organ music is Toccata and Fugue in D Minor by Bach.

If you have ever watched Fantasia, it's the first segment where it's just colors and shapes.

Of course, on Fantasia it's full orchestra, he just does organ and throws in some synth voices, but you can find just organ.
Egg Land Fondue?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Very cool stuff. This tour is looking up for Rubén. No cone bra, he doesn't get killed, and he gets to show off his skills.

The entrance he makes as Darth Rubén is pretty dang cool, too. :thumbsup:
Liquidwolfe

Post by Liquidwolfe »

Thank You Clyde. I havent been able to get that music out of my head since the concert, lol. It WAS an awsome set they did for the encore. Tho seeing Ruben dress up with the pointy bra is funny, im kinda glad they didnt do that song at this show. It is a good song, i just dont care for it that much. The last tour show before this PH tour that i went to, Al did "kill" him with a stage gun, i got the biggest kick outta that. Al is great. certainly hope he continues making great songs and awsome tours for a long time to come.
Shelley
Addicted

Post by Shelley »

That creepy organ music is Toccata and Fugue in D Minor by Bach.

If you have ever watched Fantasia, it's the first segment where it's just colors and shapes.

Of course, on Fantasia it's full orchestra, he just does organ and throws in some synth voices, but you can find just organ.

It's also in Monty Python's 'The Meaning Of Life' during the soccer game-to-battle-scene segway.

-Shelley

who once used that as background music for a Call of Cthulu game..
rboy27
Obsessed

Post by rboy27 »

I always skip that part of the movie. It just isn't funny to me. I couldn't stop laughing when John Clease asks why you take all your clothes off and the student says "To put them on the lower peg, sir?" and Clease throws that thing at him. I think that is my favorite MP line other than "France I think" or "Run away!" from Holy Grail. Or maybe its when they are reading from the Bible about the Holy Hand Grenade. No wait its "What are you gonna do bleed on me?" Or is it a line from Life of Brian.....nah. Ooops, I'm rambleing. Let me start over.

Hi I'm Rich, I just joined this forum. Al rocks! Hey, who's the idiot talking about Monty Python. Ooops. Let me start over......
Clyde the Viking
Occasional
Location: Oh, you know where I am. Mwa- ha- ha- ha- ha- cough- sputter- gag- choke!

I think the only reason I mentioned Fantasia was that it's really cool to be about a yard away from a big screen TV and watch it.

My eyes! Still cool though.

I know why those people in the 70s took drugs and watched it. :biggrin:
Egg Land Fondue?
TANKgirl
Occasional

Post by TANKgirl »

Wait a sec guys -- unless they're using different music at different shows, that was NOT the Bach toccata and fugue played. They did use that in Touring With Scissors.

The show we went to last night, Ruben entered to the well-known strains of Carmina Burana, by Carl Orff.

I mention that in my review-autobiography-novel thingie, here:

http://www.dunhammusic.com/weirdal/weirdal1.htm

:biggrin:

Anyway, the music is readily available on many different CD's, that particular theme is very popular lately since it's been used in some advertising... Appeared in some movie or other too...

(PS I'm a classical music teacher... so, any questions of this nature, I'm your gal)
Clyde the Viking
Occasional

Oh, I was going by Touring With Scissors!

The Toccata and Fugue does sound evil opera like though.

Well, I was right about that at least.

*Goes into the stupid corner*

Oh, well, it's still a good piece of music. :dontgetit:
Egg Land Fondue?