Opening Acts

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

He walked on the bus empty headed. Well, at least sans helmet. he walked off a couple minutes later with it on and signed my post card. after that he walked around the corner of the bus. I heard someone say he just rode off on his bike. I didn't actually see it though. I must say I'm sure he doesn't wear it for the sex appeal. :P

Stupidhippie

:stupid:
Attention Michiana Al fans. I will be on Fox 28 Morning show on October 12th 8:00 hour. Wheeeee
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

But it would come in handy in case of being tackled by overly-enthusiastic fans.

Wonder if they could find one to fit Al? He could wear it during One More Minute... naw. Bad idea. :huh:
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

Yes, OE, it would work in a crowd control situation. LOL. And no lets not cover up those lovely locks anymore than necessary :P

Stupidhippie

Attention Michiana Al fans. I will be on Fox 28 Morning show on October 12th 8:00 hour. Wheeeee
monkey

no

Post by monkey »

they should not have an oppning act because it would mess up the whole show for the people
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

In my humble oppinion, the only purpose for having an opening act, at least in the case of a "Weird AL" show would be for people who get lost and or are late. But as I stated in an earlier post I was lucky enough that having no opening act did not affect my ability to see the entire Al even though I was late...so was Al :D Behold the power of 27!

Stupidhippie

U62
Die-hard Fan

Post by U62 »

QUOTE And to round out the first 4 shows, no opening act in Del Mar, and a VERY FUNNY comedian in Kelseyville.  Did anyone catch his name?

Don St.John I believe?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

QUOTE Heads up to people who like to wait until the last minute to get to the venues.  At the shows where there has been no opening comedian, the show has been starting pretty much exactly at the advertised time, so don't be late or you'll miss the show!!

What about shows with an opening act? What has the latest start time been so far?

Last night's show had a (rather lousy) comedian, and Al didn't come on until an hour and five minutes after the scheduled show time!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

QUOTE What about shows with an opening act? What has the latest start time been so far?

Well Al finally came on about two hours and after listed start time. ;)

But to be fair, it was the Kelseyville (Windy City) show so there were a lot of weather and technical related delays that prevented him from getting onstage any sooner.

And I'm sure if there wasn't a curfew, everone involved would have liked a little more time to figure things out.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

Sorry people I have led you astray. there was an opening act at Kazoo. I was just so late I missed it completely. He couldn't have been on for very long though cuz the show was scheduled to start at 7:30 and we got there at 7:50-7:55. Sorry I unintentionally lied to you. I feel bad about it. :huh: It was Mike Toomy by the way. I'm a Stupid Stupid

Stupidhippie

Shelley
Addicted

Re: no

Post by Shelley »

they should not have an oppning act because it would mess up the whole show for the people

Actually, I was VERY THANKFUL that there was an opening act in Toledo... long story but to ultra-compress it my husband had to go back to Columbus mid-day, and left there 6pm driving like a madman to get back to Toledo. We figured he'd miss half the show (major bummer), but because of the opening act the show didn't start til 8:30, and my husband showed up literally 5 minutes before that -- YAY!!!

Also, the opening act comedian was darn funny!

-Shelley