I can't wait!

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Weird Cat

I can't wait!

Post by Weird Cat »

Yes, I just joined this forums, when I was searching for

" 'Weird Al' Avatars' " :P Lol..

Well, there is a concert comming to my state, and I might be going (YAY)

It's the one on July 27th to Kings Island :)

I hope I get to go, I have a feeling I will get to go :)

What is the chances I would get an Autograph by "Weird Al" and what would it cost? does anyone know?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Welcome to the forums.

If you can meet Al, you probably can get an autograph. And the price, are you sitting down?

It's free. The trick is getting back to see him. :biggrin:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Or you can go to weirdal.com, click on "correspondence" and get the address to snail-mail an autograph request. All that will cost you is the price of your stamp on the SASE. Those autographs are genuine, it just takes a while.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Which is what I'm gonna hafta do, I'm afraid... But I've gotten good at waiting, thanks to Al. 8)
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Btw, the one I got last summer from the MGM "friend" of Al's was a close up shot of the DTBS video when they're putting ice cream in their head. What he uses for CPFOA if anyone was wondering what the pic is now.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Pattimash
Occasional

Post by Pattimash »

If you go to the show, you have a chance at an auto if you stay long enough afterwards. One concert I went to, he actually pulled one of those school desks with the little platform on it out to the parking lot where his bus was parked and signed autos for an hour and a half. Those that stuck around long enough got to talk to him and even get a hug! He's very personable and patient.

Good luck, and here's hoping you can go!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

If you go to the show, you have a chance at an auto if you stay long enough afterwards.

They raffle cars? That's definitely worth staying for! :biggrin:

Okay, I knew what you meant. It's too soon in the tour to say whether or how often Al will be meeting fans this year, but there's no denying that the California leg wasn't favorable for that.

According to Mapquest: Del Mar to Konocti, 607.74 miles, 10 hrs., 24 min. (and I'd be VERY surprised if tour buses could make anything like those times on those windy roads). Konocti was a disaster as far as the staging/costuming/multimedia aspect, although fine as to the quality of the actual singing and playing. The concert finished half an hour after the venue's curfew hour (hey, this is a resort! There are people trying to sleep here!) and even if it hadn't I can hardly imagine Al wanting to meet and apologize to fans after a series of problems like that. Besides, it was a long haul to the next venue:

683.24 miles, 12 hours & 32 minutes to Las Vegas (same windy roads getting away from Clear Lake, same doubts about agility of tour buses). Equipment truck arrived at 6:30. No stress here about getting everything ready on time, nosirree. None at all, no way.

460.27 miles, 7 hours, 50 min. back to SLO. As far as I can tell, that show was hitch-free, except that Al must have bruised his butt falling on the Sith Stool of Doom, and Jim's guitar took a hit from the same stool. And that was the last show for a few days. After that series of difficulties and disasters (not to mention the fresh bruises), it's hardly surprising that Al didn't want to delay being homeward bound, home where his music's playing, home where his love lay waiting... oh, sorry, wrong artist.