Gift for Nina???

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

or just plain strange.

:biggrin: (Scottidog thinks of the one dozen starving crazed weasels some clever fan gave to Al last tour.)

Strange gifts for Al are kind of normal, aren't they?

And I'm glad I could help.
Weird Alan
Regular

Post by Weird Alan »

I dunno...when I saw U2 in concert Bono was getting notes and gifts from all sorts of the fans and he would take them and put them in his pockets and say thank you to them in mid song. I'm pretty sure Weird Al would be able to handle it...just don't get her underwear or anything ^^;
Pattimash
Occasional

Post by Pattimash »

If I decide to bring anything to the concert at all, it will probably be something small and soft, like a little teddy bear or something and let my daughter try to hand it to him. We'll be in the front and in full view of him so I'm sure he'd see her with it. She'd really pee her pants if she could do that. Ok. Maybe not. ew.

:biggrin:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Patti, I think that hand drawn poster thing sounds sweet too. I think he'd appreciate something like that. And how could Skip deny a little bunchkin who asked to give Al something she made?
julieabr
Occasional

Post by julieabr »

If I decide to bring anything to the concert at all, it will probably be something small and soft, like a little teddy bear or something and let my daughter try to hand it to him. We'll be in the front and in full view of him so I'm sure he'd see her with it. She'd really pee her pants if she could do that. Ok. Maybe not. ew.

:biggrin:

You could probably do that at the end of the show, as he is waving goodbye to everyone.

Julie
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

gifts

Post by Elvis »

I wouldn't give anything to Al during the show. Your best bet is to wait and see if there will be a meet and greet. If there is, you can give the gift to Al himself then. If there isn't, you can either give the gift to someone who looks like they're with the band and will get the gift to Al, or mail it to CPFOA.

Keep in mind though that anyone in the band or crew (including Al) is going to have to drag the gift around with them from city to city for weeks, or maybe even months, on a bus that's aready crowded enough to begin with, so the smaller and more travel-friendly the gift, the better.

I don't know Al and the bands official policy on gifts, but I've never seen Al or the band refuse any gifts, except for food, obviously.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Re: gifts

Post by Jigawatt »

I don't know Al and the bands official policy on gifts, but I've never seen Al or the band refuse any gifts, except for food, obviously.

What ever happened to that pie, anyway? :biggrin:

Adrian
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

What ever happened to that pie, anyway?

I ate it, of course! NICE PIE!

Dave
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

What ever happened to that pie, anyway?
I ate it, of course! NICE PIE!

Dave

See, now aren't you glad I was a responsible pie-sitter? A lesser pie-sitter would have violated the pie. :bigups:

Adrian
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

See, now aren't you glad I was a responsible pie-sitter? A lesser pie-sitter would have violated the pie.

:nervous:

Ew!!!

Dave