The Setlist 2010

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: The Setlist 2010

Post by minnick27 »

Too many syllables
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

The CareBears movie really isn't for kids, though. I mean, some of it is light and friendly, but then you also have things like this happen in it.
And Peggy
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Dear world:

STOP SHOWING ME THINGS I CAN'T UNSEE!!!!!

Thank you.
jamiederelict

Post by jamiederelict »

Unfortunately, the Care Bears are still culturally relevant. Those Characters from Cleveland (a part of American Greetings) won't seem to let the license fade into obscurity like the Shirt Tales did...
minnick27
Off The Deep End

The Setlist 2010

Post by minnick27 »

Shirt Ta-ta-ta-tales!
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

I'm pretty sure I have already asked this, but I don't remember getting the kind of answer I was looking for, but, do you guys think the alternating originals, "Dare To Be Stupid", and "Beverly Hillbillies" will stay in the set next year? Because, if not, I think is a great big slap in the face to fans who missed out this year.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

No, I don't think they're likely to be in the set next year. Usually the back catalog songs that get put into the setlist are in for one tour, and officially this tour is in support of "Essential" so it makes excellent sense to have them there now... not so much when the new album is out and Al will have the new parodies he wants to make known. I also don't think it's a slap in the face of any size. Set lists change, that's just the nature of following an artist with many successful years behind him and who's still producing new material that people want to hear. Al's not an oldies act. Not getting to hear DTBS and BH live is a huge disappointment, but really, a whole tour offers a reasonable opportunity to hear them, even if not everybody is able to. Be glad you're not Scottidog, who had to go 6 years between Al shows. And hey, this tour isn't over yet.
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Unless Al decides to throw in a North Carolina date between the 23rd and 26th, I'm not going to a show this year. I can't understand how Al's booker looked over us. We have about 9.4 million people. Florida has less than twice that many and they got 5 shows.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

The Setlist 2010

Post by minnick27 »

Florida has more fans. They have to see how much money they make and where. And a NC Booker has to ask them to come.

As far as removing songs, it's a slap in the face to fans to not change the setlist around. I'm hitting 6 shows this summer, and probably the same next year. I would like more variety, bring in some first album songs that haven't been played in 20 years
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Orthography Enthusiast wrote:Not getting to hear DTBS and BH live is a huge disappointment, but really, a whole tour offers a reasonable opportunity to hear them, even if not everybody is able to. ... And hey, this tour isn't over yet.
Well, I know for certain that I, Mystik Tomato, have had a very reasonable chance of hearing DTBS live... Especially since... Y'know. It's never been played here. Ever. And if it gets turfed out of the setlist for the next tour, I'll probably never hear it. And that's assuming Al even does come to Australia for the next tour.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.