Grammy Winners Announced

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I already posted this in the other Grammy thread last night, but Congrats Al and TBITB!!! You guys really deserve it!!! BTW, they showed a little snippet of an interview with Al on the green carpet on "On Air With Ryan Seacrest". It was a short interview, and I didn't really hear what the question was, but Al said, "My intelligence." and the interviewer said, "Really? Are you sure about that one?". I wish I had heard the question!
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

Manda @ Feb 9 2004, 09:57 PM wrote: I really dont get why Al was asked that at the grammys. But anyway that was a funny response Al gave about the French. Well to me it was funny. :)
He was asked because the Grammy's asked Janet Jackson not to appear (she was going to present the thing about Luther Vandross), But then the Grammy's changed their minds and re-invited her (She did not show up). And yet they never resended the invatation to Justin Timberlake. So everyone was up in a brew-haha about it. I don't think the Grammy's should not have done that to her because she has well earned her right to attend, perform, present at the Grammy's regardless of what may, or may not have happened eles where in life. And if one of them got booted the otherone should have too. There was also this thing that the Grammy's want Janet to apologize during the telecast. She has already apologized on numerous occaisions and what happened at the SUper Bowl was not a Grammy event so why should she so she didn't. Anyway, the media was asking most of the celebraties what they thought about the whole incident. That's why Al was asked.
Cid
%
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

kidcid @ Feb 9 2004, 04:25 PM wrote: or how about Prince and the Revolution as aposed to just Prince?
I can't believe how long a setup like this has been hanging there:

I've never taken Prince seriously :lol:

Sorry, it just bothered me. You are all sleeping on the job.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

Thanks Spacedingo. I was hoping someone would comment ;)
Cid
%
squishsquashgirl
Obsessed

Post by squishsquashgirl »

Cid, what channel? How local? I'm in So Cal too, so I should be able to see it if it airs again.... do you know if it will any time soon?

Oh, and Al had a very smooth response to the Janet question. I am just about sick of the fuss made on TV and radio. Not to mention tabloids! GAH! Who cares if it was an accident or not? Who cares about lies, deciet, and past relationships between Justin and Janet? Not me.

Oh... umm... Topic, yeah.
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

squishsquashgirl @ Feb 10 2004, 12:17 AM wrote: Cid, what channel? How local? I'm in So Cal too, so I should be able to see it if it airs again.... do you know if it will any time soon?

It was on CBS right after thr Grammy's. In Orange County (without cable) that would be channel 2. I don't know if they will air any of it again, but keep your eyes open just in case. I may have gotten AL's quote a little wrong. That was the general gist if it...but when he said it it was much funnier. I will re-watch it tonight and quote verbatum tomorrow.
Cid
%
squishsquashgirl
Obsessed

OK! Thanx! Even imagining Al using a french accent makes me giggle!
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

CONGRATS AL!!!!! Oh, and could you burn me a copy of that TiVo thing? :)

Harold
GO BILLS!!!
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

haroldwaide @ Feb 10 2004, 12:33 AM wrote: CONGRATS AL!!!!! Oh, and could you birn me a copy of that TiVo thing? :)

Harold
:P
Funny Harold!
%
squishsquashgirl
Obsessed

:rolleyes:

guys. honestly.