Permanent Record: Al In The Box

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Yankovic-Gretzky
Die-hard Fan

Permanent Record: Al In The Box

Post by Yankovic-Gretzky »

Track # 7 - Hooked on Polkas from disc # 2 on Permanent Record: Al In The Box has been taken off of iTunes. Does anyone know why, and who makes these decisions? They actually have people from record companies who sit around checking for these things? Why?

I downloaded Permanent Record: Al In The Box to my iTunes 10 years ago, so I have Hooked on Polkas on my computer, but I just would like to know why it has since been removed from iTunes. It's the only track with this issue, out of all the Weird Al albums on iTunes.

I also have the Dare To Be Stupid album downloaded from iTunes, which is where Hooked on Polkas originally appeared, and still does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent ... in_the_Box" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Permanent Record: Al In The Box

Post by TMBJon »

Haha that is really weird. So you can download Dare To Be Stupid's version of Hooked On Polkas but not the one on Permanent Record?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankovic-Gretzky
Die-hard Fan

Right! But you used to be able to download both.
eleventhirtyfour
Occasional

Post by eleventhirtyfour »

It might have something to do with...

If you listen to "Hooked on Polkas" from Permanent Record on Spotify, it has like 6 seconds of silence at the beginning and then just starts right before the "Sharp Dressed Man" portion. Maybe they just took it off iTunes because it was messed up?
twitter.com/allenpwilliams
Yankovic-Gretzky
Die-hard Fan

And since they took Hooked on Polkas off of Permanent Record on iTunes, you can't purchase the entire album at once. You have to purchase each song separately.