Strings Attached Tour 2019

2019 - Plus a full orchestra!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

SophieT
Occasional

Re: Strings Attached Tour 2019

Post by SophieT »

I just finished reading Nathan Rabin's love letter to Stop Forwarding this Crap to Me and am now convinced that this song is the reason Al has decided to do this tour. Pretty convincing because Lisa Pompeil sings in the chorus and is now one of Al's back up singers on this tour.
At first I wasn't hot on the idea of this extravaganza, after loving his last stripped down tour, but imagining hearing this song live, now I'm really excited!! :D
ThatGuyLarryNextDoor

Post by ThatGuyLarryNextDoor »

Has there been any discussion that the setlist for this tour would be close to the Hollywood Bowl show that featured an orchestra? That setlist skimmed off 5 songs from the standard MF setlist. To save a google for those interested, here was the Hollywood Bowl w/ an orchestra setlist from 2016:

Set List

[Set 1]
“Tacky”
“Now That’s What I Call Polka!”
“Foil”
“Perform This Way”
“Dare to be Stupid”
“Fat”
“Smells Like Nirvana”
“Eat It”/”I Lost on Jeopardy”/”I Love Rocky Road”/”Like a Surgeon”
“White and Nerdy”
“Word Crimes”
“Amish Paradise”

[Encore]
“We All Have Cell Phones”
“The Saga Begins”
“Yoda”
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

SophieT wrote:I just finished reading Nathan Rabin's love letter to Stop Forwarding this Crap to Me and am now convinced that this song is the reason Al has decided to do this tour. Pretty convincing because Lisa Pompeil sings in the chorus and is now one of Al's back up singers on this tour.
At first I wasn't hot on the idea of this extravaganza, after loving his last stripped down tour, but imagining hearing this song live, now I'm really excited!! :D
Lisa Popeil has been on albums with Al since 1984 so I wouldnt base your thought solely on her being on the tour

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

ThatGuyLarryNextDoor wrote:Has there been any discussion that the setlist for this tour would be close to the Hollywood Bowl show that featured an orchestra?
I believe Al said it would be 50/50, meaning half of the songs in this setlist would have already appeared in the Hollywood Bowl set, whereas half of them will be new. That pretty much covers most of the classics (W&N, AP, Fat, TSB, Yoda, SLN) plus 1 or two more (probably the abridged Acoustic Medley and one more parody from the MF tour). Besides that, we know one or two songs have never been played live before, and that leaves the rest up to interpretation!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
SophieT
Occasional

Post by SophieT »

minnick27 wrote:
SophieT wrote:I just finished reading Nathan Rabin's love letter to Stop Forwarding this Crap to Me and am now convinced that this song is the reason Al has decided to do this tour. Pretty convincing because Lisa Pompeil sings in the chorus and is now one of Al's back up singers on this tour.
Lisa Popeil has been on albums with Al since 1984 so I wouldnt base your thought solely on her being on the tour

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
I knew that she sang on Weasel Stomping Day.
I guess I just got really excited to hear some of Al's songs that lend themselves to full orchestration more than some of his more popular pop songs. :)
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

SophieT wrote:I guess I just got really excited to hear some of Al's songs that lend themselves to full orchestration more than some of his more popular pop songs. :)
Each song is getting the orchestral treatment whether it deserves it or not! :oo :D :? :F
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

So, here is the VIP Package for this tour:
The 'Strings Attached' Weird Al Meet & Greet Experience - $289 per package
-One (1) Premium Reserved ticket in the first (15) rows
-Meet Weird Al after the show and take a studio quality professional photo
-Your photo with Al: (1) 8x10 print, (2) 5x7 prints, (8) wallet size prints, plus free download
-One (1) exclusive, limited edition Strings Attached tour poster. Poster design is unique to your show.
-One (1) piece of orchestra sheet music used on stage by the conductor during the show
-One (1) personalized signature (any one item of your choice)
-Invitation to the official Strings Attached after-party featuring soft drinks, snacks and cash bar*
-One (1) souvenir VIP laminate
-Fast-track VIP merchandise shopping including early entry access inside the venue for merch shopping opportunity before general doors
-On-site VIP host
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Any presale codes floating around yet?
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
LurkerAlFan

Post by LurkerAlFan »

Have y'all received emails regarding this new tour? I signed up to be on Al's mailing list prior to the first Mandatory Fun tour and had been regularly receiving information via email regarding tours, presales, Squeeze Box, Walk of Fame star, etc., but oddly enough I have never received anything regarding the new Strings Attached tour. I learned about it from periodically checking Al's website for news plus lurking here at the WOWAY discussion forum. I thought surely I'd get an email today now that tour dates have been announced, but nothing. In checking one of the venues I'm interested in for this tour, I see that the tickets will be available through Ticketmaster with a presale beginning on Wednesday, but again, I haven't received any presale information from Al like I have for previous concerts, so I'm at a loss as to how to participate this time.

Any thoughts? Advice?
mswirtz
Occasional

Post by mswirtz »

I have not gotten any emails about this tour either. I am trying to find venues that don't go through Ticketmaster (I want to choose my seats) so I am wondering if just the Ticketmaster venues have Wednesday presales? Are they having verified fan presales? I haven't seen anything so I am assuming not.
I have seen a presale code for Bismarck, it's Accordion :accordion: :D