2018 VIP Experience

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: 2018 VIP Experience

Post by Yankomaniac »

:lol: Got ours in the mail today. The case is actually pretty cool. Not something I would wear in public, good little souvenir though. Box says Toaster Band :P
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Patrickcg

Post by Patrickcg »

Yankomaniac wrote::lol: Got ours in the mail today. The case is actually pretty cool. Not something I would wear in public, good little souvenir though. Box says Toaster Band :P
Come on. If someone on the street tried to sell you this watch as a Weird Al watch, you would think they were high.

And we paid 285 bucks for it.

And yes, we also got to meet all. But charge me 200 bucks and keep this horrible watch next time.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Well, you see, nobody paid for a watch. They paid for a Weird Al meet, autograph, picture and decent seat to the wicked show. The watch is just a token of their appreciation or a keepsake for kids. Yeah, a shirt would have been more useful but it is a little more cool than fridge magnets or something. And yes, if someone in the street tried to sell me it I would think they were high but also very interesting since they are offering me a watch with one of my all time idols on it. ;)
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
hungerfan
Occasional

Post by hungerfan »

heh i thought the same thing but whatever. i was not spending that money on a watch. it was for the good seat and the M&G. The watch was a bonus of sorts that I knew would sit in a box until I die.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Am I the only one here out of the people who got VIP Meet & Greet tickets on this tour that has actually bothered to set their watch and wear it around to places?
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
amyshy
Occasional

Post by amyshy »

Killingsworth wrote:Am I the only one here out of the people who got VIP Meet & Greet tickets on this tour that has actually bothered to set their watch and wear it around to places?
I wear a Fitbit so I don't have a free wrist for the watch but I did set it and hung it over my desk where I can see and enjoy it! :D
hungerfan
Occasional

Post by hungerfan »

Killingsworth wrote:Am I the only one here out of the people who got VIP Meet & Greet tickets on this tour that has actually bothered to set their watch and wear it around to places?
Mine needs battery...and I can't figure out how to get back open....so I gave up and put it back in the box.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

amyshy wrote:I wear a Fitbit so I don't have a free wrist for the watch but I did set it and hung it over my desk where I can see and enjoy it! :D
Yeah, does anyone know if there exists some kind of Fitbit-to-regular-watchband adapter so that I can wear my Fitbit with the cool DTBS watchband I now own?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Patrickcg

Post by Patrickcg »

“I didn’t go for the wTch”

No one did. Don’t be a dismissive jerk. But at the same time, a paid a good chunk of change for the vip package. Part of it was a weird al watch. Not random intern that kind of looks like weird Al watch.

You can’t make the watch, do something else or make the package less money.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Patrickcg wrote:“I didn’t go for the wTch”

No one did. Don’t be a dismissive jerk. But at the same time, a paid a good chunk of change for the vip package. Part of it was a weird al watch. Not random intern that kind of looks like weird Al watch.

You can’t make the watch, do something else or make the package less money.
Nobody is trying to be mean or dismissive. We are simply discussing our personal viewpoints, as are you. Not everyone is going to be thrilled with the watch, but there is still a large portion of people that are excited about it (myself included). I think, if nothing else, it is a really neat piece of "Weird Al" memorabilia to add to my collection.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic