Al's Voice

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

mybologna
Regular

Re: Al's Voice

Post by mybologna »

What a minute Mr. Chives...his voice changing and becoming a bit stronger in 1999 matches up with his look-changing lasik eye surgery in 1998...

A changed voice and...a changed LOOK...

...We really can't deny it now.
AL WAS REPLACED BY AN IMPOSTER IN 1998.

Perhaps Al was tired of the public life? Tired of the music biz? Who knows...but THIS Al...the one who went to No. 1...he's not the real Al.
Now we must band together and discover who this imposter is and where the real Al is...what does he think of the imposter getting the No. 1 but in HIS name? I'm going to need detectives with me on this
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

mybologna wrote:What a minute Mr. Chives...his voice changing and becoming a bit stronger in 1999 matches up with his look-changing lasik eye surgery in 1998...

Perhaps Al was tired of the public life? Tired of the music biz? Who knows...but THIS Al...the one who went to No. 1...he's not the real Al.
Now we must band together and discover who this imposter is and where the real Al is...what does he think of the imposter getting the No. 1 but in HIS name? I'm going to need detectives with me on this
You are acting as if it's not common knowledge Al was replaced by Kenny G back in 1998...old news, my friend.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
mybologna
Regular

Post by mybologna »

Muppetboy09 wrote:
mybologna wrote:What a minute Mr. Chives...his voice changing and becoming a bit stronger in 1999 matches up with his look-changing lasik eye surgery in 1998...

You are acting as if it's not common knowledge Al was replaced by Kenny G back in 1998...old news, my friend.
Be may that as it, where is the real Alfred Matthew Yankovic and why did he choose a life of solitude.

...WAIT.

Two years after 1996.

...I know what happened.
Coolio was still unhappy about the Amish Paradise incident come 1997 when Al's tour was cooling off, and tracked down and threatened the real Al in private and made him stop performing and recording albums. However the real Al didn't want to disappoint his loyal fans, so he found a look-a-like to record and perform in his place, but in private the real Al still writes the songs without Coolio finding out. The "lasik-eye surgery" story was a fake to explain the somewhat drastic change in appearance between 1997-1999.
Coolio is at a mental stand still and for years and wrestles with wether or not this goes against what he threatened Al with since he isn't technically performing OR recording, and finally his brain short-circuits and he starts to love Weird Al, finds him again years later and gives him some hugs at a signing.

The real Al can finally breathe a sigh of relief, but he realizes the new Al is too liked and too damn sexy to the fans, so he decides to stay in the shadows to protect his fans from the truth.

I got your number fake and real Al. Its time for the truth to come out.
memphiselle1

Post by memphiselle1 »

Muppetboy09 wrote:

XD
"Not too stupid… just stupid enough."
amyshy
Occasional

Post by amyshy »

I'm fairly new to this forum I saw this discussion while digging around and found it really interesting. I have always noted the maturing of Al's voice from his early albums to his later ones. It's a dramatic improvement. Since then I've never heard him be anything other than rock solid when performing live.

I don't know that I have an ear for this kind of thing, but after watching Al perform 2 nights back to back in Chicago on the Vanity tour I have to say to my ear his voice sounds as good as it ever has. I was front row (I've never had such close up seats before) and it was amazing to get to see him sing close up. I was really impressed with his power and range. I've heard him say in the past he's pretty strict about protecting his voice while on the road. Avoiding smoky environments, too much A/C and talking as little as possible between shows. It looks like on this tour he doesn't go more than 2-3 nights without a day off to rest which I'm glad to see. Some of those songs must really take a toll but you could never tell by listening to him.
SophieT
Occasional

Post by SophieT »

Has anyone watched the videos of Al singing Fire and Rain?

The sound quality varies, but all in all, I'm in love with his ballad voice.
A lower register seems to be Al's sweet spot.

The tale he tells about being asked to sing this 20+ years ago and turning it down was a good move.
His mature, soulful voice is perfect for it now. :inlove:
hungerfan
Occasional

Post by hungerfan »

I heard it live and really liked it. At first I was going "Who is this James Taylor?! The name sounds familiar." Then the song started up and as he sung it I was like... "OH that is James Taylor!"
SophieT
Occasional

Post by SophieT »

hungerfan wrote:I heard it live and really liked it. At first I was going "Who is this James Taylor?! The name sounds familiar." Then the song started up and as he sung it I was like... "OH that is James Taylor!"
Oh, you're so lucky!!!

I'm really into his covers. It's like now, there's another Al to love.
I'm sad that people aren't allowed to make videos, because watching him perform is so much a part of the pleasure.
I can't thank the people enough who managed to capture these treasures.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

His voice was very impressive in many songs on this Tour. Stuck In A Closet was brilliant when it was pulled out for those of us lucky enough to hear it. I did not think it was going to happen but he sounded excellent and has a great rock and roll yell! From the covers to all the originals done there was so much that impressed me words just can't sum it all up.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Al's voice is phenomenal The raw power of his belting rock voice is a thing of great awesomeness and as far as I am concerned Al's rock covers prove his rock star status and show how many people he can stand in for with great credit.. I saw someone call it "scratchy" earlier? Clean your ears. That's what real rock singers sound like as far as I am concerned
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015