Songs yet to be played..

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

joseyklein
Obsessed

Re: Songs yet to be played..

Post by joseyklein »

It wouldn't surprise me if there's at least 4 more.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
richegreen
Regular

Post by richegreen »

An interesting observation I just realized - the vast majority of originals that Al hasn't played on this tour (yet?) were B-sides on his singles:

Gotta Boogie (Bus)
Buckingham Blues (Ricky)
I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead (Jeopardy)
Slime Creatures from Outer Space (Surgeon)
Cable TV (Duck)
Don't Wear Those Shoes (Hernia)
You Make Me (Fat)
Attack Of the Radioactive Hamsters From a Planet Near Mars (UHF)
Waffle King (Nirvana)
Franks 2000 Inch TV (Jurassic)
Everything You Know Is Wrong (Amish)
Callin' In Sick, Since You've Been Gone, Spy Hard (Gump)

Coincidence......or is something going on here?
8/23/94 5/28/96 8/3/99 2/3/00 5/11/00 5/12/00 7/7/00 10/29/00x2 11/2/00 11/3/00 11/4/00 7/25/02 7/10/03 7/18/03 9/20/07 9/3/10 5/14/15 3/1/18 3/22/18 3/23/18 7/20/19 4/26/22 5/10/22 5/13/22 10/29/22
CrimsonE

Post by CrimsonE »

I'm guessing that Wanna B Ur Lvr isn't going to be played considering it's been on every tour since Poodle Hat.

It's possible he might break out Lame Claim or 1st World Problems, but since he did those songs on the Mandatory Fun tour, it's unlikely, especially since he hasn't done them on this tour yet.

Mission Statement would be great, as would Hardware Store, but I'm pretty sure the latter is nearly impossible to do with that insane bridge. Then again, they are doing Horoscope, so perhaps not too impossible.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

The ones I'm surprised about not seeing so far:
I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead
Slime Creatures from Outer Space
Don't Wear Those Shoes
Callin' In Sick
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

My hope is that he is saving a few songs to add to the setlist starting with the swing through California... :D
SophieT
Occasional

Post by SophieT »

I'm surprised no one is mentioning that he hasn't played Germs.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

And Cable TV. Veeery surprised it is not being done at all. it is not surprising at all they are not doing Germs for obvious reasons giving the scheme of the setup and performance.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

Yeah as much as I was hoping he would do germs going into the tour, the more I think about it it makes sense, there would have had to be backing tracks I'm sure (With the weird... talking/mubling during the pre-chourses.... or maybe it was just random sounds and I was hearing 'words'?) and stuff like that.

I wouldn't have minded Cable TV, but I think he might have stayed away from that because of the outdated references (Then again, I never got a single one of them except Mr. Wizard and I still enjoyed it)

There were 3 songs that I really wanted him to do that he's never done, and I thought he would do:

This is the life - someone explained right before the tour that it would be really hard, so I let that go.

Virus Alert - Seemed like it would be simple, but after a few sets were played someone pointed out that the key changes might be too hard live. I can see that.

But most of this tour, my biggest dissapointment, because I thought it would be one of the easiest ones to play:

Callin In Sick.

But the last week or so I've been thinking about it more... on the surface it seems really easy, but...

"I CAN DO ANYTHING I WANT TO! I AM INVINCIBLE NOW!......"

Now that I randomly think about it... I feel like that part of the song is just about as high as "Young Dumb and Ugly", and he probably wouldn't have wanted to lower the key on the whole song just for that part. I dunno, it's just my theory.

As much as I wanted those, I just try and be grateful that I got to see Young Dumb and Ugly, Dog Eat Dog, Melanie, The Biggest Ball Of Twine In Minnesota, Midnight Star, Don't Download This Song, When I Was Your Age, UHF, I'm So Sick Of You, and Your Horoscope For Today that I had never seen and finally got to, and getting to see for a second time Albuquerque, You Don't Love Me Anymore, and One More Minute.

It was hands down the best concert I had ever been to. I can sit here and say all the songs I wish he would have done, but, the truth is, the day before I saw him, he did 6 songs I don't care for (Or didn't want to see on this tour, for the 4th time, Dare to be stupid- NOT against seeing it again in the future, but not this tour) and the day after he did 7 I didn't care for, and when I saw him, he only did 2 I don't care for, so, I feel like I can't really complain.
SophieT
Occasional

Post by SophieT »

I watched Al perform Germs live on the 1999 video. Why could he perform it live then but not now?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Because in 1999 he had a backing track that could do a lot of the NIN electronic sound effects. Though I do imagine he could have come up with a live arrangement if he wanted to.