Al's Pals

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

mrmeadows
Obsessed

Re: Al's Pals

Post by mrmeadows »

Well, this is certainly. . .not good.

Nope. Not good at all. (Al mentioned very briefly in article).
https://www.buzzfeed.com/arianelange/jo ... .deMkyYvRx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

That's horrible, and it really sucks that Al has to be dragged into it. Just an all around crappy situation
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

I wouldn’t expect CBNC to be on any future video collections hey
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

I love CBNC, but I could certainly live without the video.

Is it just me, or does the name-drop seem weirdly out-of-place in the scheme of the story? I guess if it was part of the recounting of the whole ordeal, it's fine. I just think it's weird to mention Al and bring him so specifically into it when the only connection he had to it was the fact that he commissioned the video at one point during the story. His input and knowledge of what was happening has almost no impact on the story whatsoever.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Mystik Tomato »

i suppose the intent was to give context that it was an independent job made from his home office than from something in, say, the Nick/Cartoon Network offices.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

That stinks that Al's getting dragged down into this. Anyone know if this is the same woman who worked on it with him and did the blog entries that had us first discover the video was happening?
OneWAY wrote:Is it just me, or does the name-drop seem weirdly out-of-place in the scheme of the story? I guess if it was part of the recounting of the whole ordeal, it's fine. I just think it's weird to mention Al and bring him so specifically into it when the only connection he had to it was the fact that he commissioned the video at one point during the story. His input and knowledge of what was happening has almost no impact on the story whatsoever.
I'm guessing because Al could get wrapped up in this all somehow. Him commissioning it means they were working for him, so it could happen maybe? (I don't speak lawyer, so there's a good chance I'm wrong about this.
And Peggy
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Big Spoon wrote: Anyone know if this is the same woman who worked on it with him and did the blog entries that had us first discover the video was happening?
Indeed it is
http://weirdalforum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... bc#p293766" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://weirdalforum.com/viewtopic.php?p ... bc#p327508" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I'm guessing the reason Al was mentioned was that she probably brought up the event during an interview which the article was based on. I'm assuming that she kind of brought that up not as a way to throw Al under the bus, but just to kind of get a sense of what they were working on at the time this event happened. Again, that's just how I read it, but I could be wrong.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
TheToolMan
Occasional

Post by TheToolMan »

Man the Close But No Cigar video is one of my favorites. This guy was supremely talented, but also a creep and predator to be sure.
Last edited by TheToolMan on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheToolMan
Occasional

Post by TheToolMan »

OneWAY wrote:I love CBNC, but I could certainly live without the video.

Is it just me, or does the name-drop seem weirdly out-of-place in the scheme of the story? I guess if it was part of the recounting of the whole ordeal, it's fine. I just think it's weird to mention Al and bring him so specifically into it when the only connection he had to it was the fact that he commissioned the video at one point during the story. His input and knowledge of what was happening has almost no impact on the story whatsoever.
I have no doubts the facts presented in the article are true, but this is a BuzzFeed article. They've found another name to attach to the story (Al) and they're exploiting it.