Portugal The Man Al Remixes (Was PtM)

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Insomnia
Occasional

Re: Portugal The Man Al Remixes (Was PtM)

Post by Insomnia »

these feel like those neil cicirega mashups but totally official. I really want a full weird al remix album with tons of guests now, these are so good.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Insomnia wrote:these feel like those neil cicirega mashups but totally official. I really want a full weird al remix album with tons of guests now, these are so good.
Well with The Hamilton Polka and now these two remixes Al is about thirty percent done with his remix album. :P
In hiding since 2010
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I love the fact that in the last few months of Al, we've gotten a Ramones cover, a Broadway polka medley, and now these. And on top of that, the Vanity Tour.

Al has officially reached the point of his career where he can do whatever the hell he wants. It's amazing to watch
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Okay, it absolutely rules that Al not only did these but the band approached HIM to make this happen! These sound great and I hope Al does more of these types of polka remixes for various songs in the future.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

This is AMAZING. Honestly, if this is what Al is going to be doing now then I am SUPER hyped. :whoot:

LOVE BOTH OF THESE ACK
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Just listened to these. Very cool concept, and of course I'd love to see more like this in the future!

It's funny because I'm sure we have all heard songs that aren't exactly huge hits and thought "I could totally see this sounding awesome in a polka, but why would Al ever do a polka medley of obscure tracks by this one indie band?" By the end of Live In The Moment when Al's vocals kicked in, I remembered that we live in strange and uncertain times where norms are constantly disregarded and thus Al might potentially do anything!!!!! :up:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.