The Hamilton Polka

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

The Hamilton Polka

Post by Elvis »

Okay, you guys, I’m giving you a heads-up, but I still want you to act all surprised and everything when MY NEW SINGLE DROPS ON FRIDAY.
Source: https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/9 ... 0190592000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This week couldn't get any better! :whoot: :magic:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
joseyklein
Obsessed

Re: NEW SINGLE THIS FRIDAY!

Post by joseyklein »

Oooo, just saw the tweet, wonder if it's a parody or original... regardless I'm gonna love it!!

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

I wonder if it's related to Hamilton? There is a Hamildrop (officially endorsed cover/song inspired by Hamilton) scheduled for this Friday as well, AND Weird Al and Lin-Manuel Miranda are scheduled to appear together (during the same segment, seemingly) on Friday.

I'm calling it now: A polka medley of songs from Hamilton. Right Hand Polka? The Polka Pamphlet?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Well with their interview being taped on Thursday we will probably know for sure if he's involved in the Hamildrop.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Cheerios Applejacks Cheerios
Occasional

Post by Cheerios Applejacks Cheerios »

I'm getting an "Al and Lin-Manuel are going to sing it with the Roots" vibe here.

https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/9 ... 4880893952" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

As much as I would love for Al to be involved with the Hamildrop, I do also really hope we get a new Al song Friday, and not just a Hamilton cover.

... Of course, we could always get both.
And Peggy
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Big Spoon wrote:As much as I would love for Al to be involved with the Hamildrop, I do also really hope we get a new Al song Friday, and not just a Hamilton cover.

... Of course, we could always get both.
Possible it could be a parody of a Hamilton song. I haven't seen the play, and frankly have never gotten around to even listening to the soundtrack, but it's hip hop/rap, right? Al loves parodying that style due to so many words to play with, so it's possible. I'm sure Lin-Manuel would be on Cloud 9 to have one of his songs parodied by Al, so I can totally see it.

I also actually like the idea of a Hamilton Polka, as drewdy9999 suggested. But if that's the case I'll need to get acquainted with the Hamilton soundtrack stat!

I do think it's too much of a coincidence that the Hamildrop and new Al single are out on the same day, so they must be related. If anything, it will be a straight cover of a Hamilton song, which I wouldn't sneeze at, but I'm with Big Spoon that I hope it's more "AL-ified" than that and he gives us either a Hamilton parody or polka.
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

mrmeadows wrote:I haven't seen the play, and frankly have never gotten around to even listening to the soundtrack, but it's hip hop/rap, right? Al loves parodying that style due to so many words to play with, so it's possible. I'm sure Lin-Manuel would be on Cloud 9 to have one of his songs parodied by Al, so I can totally see it.
First of all, you have to listen. I don't go crazy over much, but Hamilton is amazing.

And a lot of it is rap/hip hop, but it covers many different styles of music.
And Peggy
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Big Spoon wrote: First of all, you have to listen. I don't go crazy over much, but Hamilton is amazing.

And a lot of it is rap/hip hop, but it covers many different styles of music.
I know! I know! I have every intention of listening, I just never get around to anything until many years later. Hell, I literally just got done watching the first season of Twin Peaks on Netflix for the first time ever. Yes, the one from the 1990's! (Seriously. And I adore David Lynch...I just never got around to it).

Anyway, this might speed up my Hamilton consumption. What do you think the "big song" is from the show that would be singled out for a parody, if that's what we're getting? I've heard bits and pieces of the songs, and heard them referenced on things like SNL when Miranda hosted. . .would "My Shot" be the most likely target, so to speak?
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Starting to think maybe this is a Hamilton Polka, considering Al already wrote a polka snippet of "What'd I Miss"....
https://www.themarysue.com/weird-al-hamilton-cover/