2018 VIP Experience

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: 2018 VIP Experience

Post by minnick27 »

Call down. You will get a watch. That was strictly so they could get an idea on which design was more popular. If everyone picked one watch they would order more of that one, if it was 50/50 they would order equal amounts. It was a poll for a select amount of people at varied shows

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

minnick27 wrote:Call down. You will get a watch. That was strictly so they could get an idea on which design was more popular. If everyone picked one watch they would order more of that one, if it was 50/50 they would order equal amounts. It was a poll for a select amount of people at varied shows

Of course I know that I will get my watches, because there is no way I will leave without them. I spent a lot of money on all those VIP tickets. Since my show is during the first week of the tour, I'm sure they won't run out of the design I want. I would be more worried if my show was late in the tour.

Each person that I have spoken to at CID has indicated that everyone who bought VIP tickets should have gotten the watch survey.They all said that I didn't get the email because they didn't have the VIP info from that venue yet, not because the email was only sent to a select group.

The main thing that does bother me is that CID keeps saying they didn't get the VIP info from the venue yet. I thought they would've had that already. CID needs that information to send out the VIP pre-show party and check-in information, and to give people the correct number of VIP passes and merch bags. I plan on bringing printed tickets and my order receipts as proof just in case, but I just want everything to go smoothly. When I actually get an email with the VIP details, I will feel a lot better about it.
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

I didn't receive the email either. I called that number and the poor phone line rep was insisting it was sent multiple times to me. I insisted back that nothing of the sort ever came through any of my inboxes. I had them verify the exact spelling of my email address and that it was regarding this tour and not the previous- to which both were accurate. So with that being established I felt it was best to say "for the record, you did an excellent job handling this to the best of your knowledge but I strongly insist an error was done on the company's part. So I'm going to trust that you'll bring it to the right people's attention."

I'm not the first or last to tell them apparently based on NH Weird Al Fan's reports.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I got my tickets, I'm not going to panic about any of the VIP stuff, my ticket proves I paid for the VIP experience when I choose not to attend the party because time is way too short in a day to sit around when you have to travel from another city.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Patrick
Die-hard Fan

Post by Patrick »

NH Weird Al Fan wrote: The main thing that does bother me is that CID keeps saying they didn't get the VIP info from the venue yet. I thought they would've had that already. CID needs that information to send out the VIP pre-show party and check-in information, and to give people the correct number of VIP passes and merch bags. I plan on bringing printed tickets and my order receipts as proof just in case, but I just want everything to go smoothly. When I actually get an email with the VIP details, I will feel a lot better about it.
That's my issue as well. Your concert date is a couple weeks before mine, but I too am getting a bit antsy. I have physical tickets from Ticketmaster, but how do I even know when to show up for the pre-show party? I kind of need to know that as I need to plan with the friend I'm going with.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

If you have your tix you got no reason to worry. They will send an email the week of the show with your info.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Patrick
Die-hard Fan

Post by Patrick »

Yankomaniac wrote:If you have your tix you got no reason to worry. They will send an email the week of the show with your info.
Is it wrong of me to say that's some pretty poor planning? Why wait until a week(ish) out to let people know what time things start? People have things going on in their lives that they need to make arrangements for (such as child/elder care, transportation, work scheduling). Withholding that information just seems foolish to me, and really benefits no one.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Part of it is because the venue is the one who has to provide the room and food/drinks. If CID was renting a space and providing food directly it would probably be a different story.

Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

No doubt it has always been a sorry exhibition as far as getting the tix, info and all that crap. This is why I just go to the show and do the meet and greet after. Going to the pre show party only takes up more time I don't have to spend and yes the planning is so sloppy and close to the date, for what you get out of it, it is so much easier not going to it, especially if it's not even at the same venue as the show. If there were somebody from the band or what not there I guess it would be worth my while but as a diabetic I have to be having a proper dinner and need time to prepare for the show.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Pre show party generally starts 3 hours before the concert starts. So if you want to know what time to be there find out what time the concert starts and subtract 3 hours.

Got my first email today for the first show. Standard email with all the important info included. Of note to others though:
Due to unforeseen delays in CID Entertainment’s manufacturing schedule, VIP wristwatches will not be available for pick-up at the first few weeks of shows. Shortly after your show, we will email you a link to an online portal where you will be able to provide your preferred shipping address. We are now anticipating the arrival of the watches in late March and will mail yours to you immediately.

As a token of our appreciation for your understanding, you will receive a tour-customized mouse pad at VIP check-in if your watch is delayed
Bummer I won’t get to be the first to see the watches but yay free bonus mousepad! ^_^

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!