Upcoming Song Speculation

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Upcoming Song Speculation

Post by Big Spoon »

Even though Al doesn't plan on releasing any more traditional albums going forward, he'll still be releasing music, right? Thought we could use a topic to discuss speculation on what Al might be working on.

I was browsing through the news page over on The Mothership, and and found in upcoming TV appearances that Al's slated to appear on Robot Chicken again. Could just be a voice over, but could they possibly be doing another video of his?
And Peggy
joseyklein
Obsessed

Re: Upcoming Song Speculation

Post by joseyklein »

I've been wondering when the next batch of songs are going to surface for awhile now.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
claykid12345
Occasional
Awards: nothing

Post by claykid12345 »

I’ve always been confused about the fact that al will not be traditionally releasing albums and will be releasing singles to stay more topical and whatever and the fact that we haven’t heard any new material aside from some tv stuff and the captain underpants theme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...it's time to let your babies grow up to be cowboys, it's time to let the bedbugs bite...
Weird Al Concerts I've been to:
6/30/16 - Kansas City, MO (Mandatory Fun Tour)
8/31/19 - Kansas City, MO (Strings Attached Tour)
Margarita
Occasional

Post by Margarita »

Yeah, I really hope Al'll stop "being lazy"(as he said himself) and write some new songs soon! ^_^
Big Spoon wrote:I was browsing through the news page over on The Mothership, and and found in upcoming TV appearances that Al's slated to appear on Robot Chicken again. Could just be a voice over, but could they possibly be doing another video of his?
As for the Robot Chiken - Al's appearance is in the trailer, so I don't think there is much chances he's also doing a new music video with them... if he did, it would be awesome, though! :)
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I'm assuming we will get a track or two in late February/early march to promote the tour

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I may be the minority here but I am hoping for nothing new before the tour so there is a lot more of already known deep cuts in the sets. Not saying I don't want to hear new songs, in fact if their originals that would be great. Obviously there will be no parodies before this tour starts, and no polka. Only time shall tell, god I am excited for this tour.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
dansachs
Occasional

Post by dansachs »

Here's my hope: He writes, for the tour, an updated Headline News. Maybe as the tour goes on, and new personalities emerge, newer versions.
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

dansachs wrote:Here's my hope: He writes, for the tour, an updated Headline News. Maybe as the tour goes on, and new personalities emerge, newer versions.
I wouldn't be opposed to that at all, and it could happen, but, since Al has said that the first 75 minutes will be originals and the last 15 will be a surprise, my theory is that he might do a couple parodies that he hasn't done (at least in full) in many years. Just my theory, but personally original Headline News and Original non-Truth Or Dare Like A Surgeon would just be amazing, to me.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Only an hour and a half sets, booo. Figured they would do at least 2 hours costume free. With 30-45 second breathers in between songs and the occasional joke he usually does here and there.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Take out the costume changes from previous tours and youre looking at roughly 90 minutes. I have no problem at all with this length. Plus Emo who will probably do 20-30 minutes you still have a 2 hour show

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ