Songs You Could Live Without

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Songs You Could Live Without

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yeah well we don't know if the Yoda chant will be there or not, that's a few minutes, plus all the made up time not changing, I think they will have a lot more time then they did on the SOL Tour. I'm hoping they do, even if I've seen it already.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Killingsworth wrote:Jon, I got an email yesterday saying you quoted my other post in this thread in the Tapatalk app yet I don't see it here in the forum in Google Chrome. Did you post something and then delete it at breakneck speed or did you just click the "quote" button by accident or something and then just go back?
I guess we will never know.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

TMBJon wrote: I guess we will never know.
Well, I just got that same email again for THIS post which I obviously got a chance to see, so...?
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
CrimsonE

Post by CrimsonE »

I agree with Wanna B UR Lover as a song he can ditch. He's done it for the last four or five tours, and it got old after two. I'm hoping he switches it out with One More Minute.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yeah I definitely hope so, at least for this tour.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

I also wonder if we might be seeing the end of "Lovr" (the version where he goes out into the crowd, specifically) out of safety for Al. By that, I mean that I would hate to see someone go to a future concert of his (as he's said, it's a good possibility that the old style of show may happen again in the future) that's unprepared and thinks Al is being improper with them during the song by touching them or gyrating near them, etc. I would hate to see someone try to lump Al in with all the scumbags that are behaving inappropriately and being sexual predators.
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
bizarreblair
Occasional

Post by bizarreblair »

Yankopunk wrote:I also wonder if we might be seeing the end of "Lovr" (the version where he goes out into the crowd, specifically) out of safety for Al. By that, I mean that I would hate to see someone go to a future concert of his (as he's said, it's a good possibility that the old style of show may happen again in the future) that's unprepared and thinks Al is being improper with them during the song by touching them or gyrating near them, etc. I would hate to see someone try to lump Al in with all the scumbags that are behaving inappropriately and being sexual predators.
When I read this, I thought, "Come on, that is completely ridiculous." And then I remember seeing a news piece on TV when I was in college (around 1999-2000) about school violence and the role media plays in influencing violence among children. Of the few music clips they played, one of them was a clip of Al singing "The Night Santa Went Crazy" live in concert. I was outraged! That is ridiculous, as is the sentiment above. (No offense, Yankopunk. :accordion: )
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

bizarreblair wrote:
Yankopunk wrote:I also wonder if we might be seeing the end of "Lovr" (the version where he goes out into the crowd, specifically) out of safety for Al. By that, I mean that I would hate to see someone go to a future concert of his (as he's said, it's a good possibility that the old style of show may happen again in the future) that's unprepared and thinks Al is being improper with them during the song by touching them or gyrating near them, etc. I would hate to see someone try to lump Al in with all the scumbags that are behaving inappropriately and being sexual predators.
When I read this, I thought, "Come on, that is completely ridiculous." And then I remember seeing a news piece on TV when I was in college (around 1999-2000) about school violence and the role media plays in influencing violence among children. Of the few music clips they played, one of them was a clip of Al singing "The Night Santa Went Crazy" live in concert. I was outraged! That is ridiculous, as is the sentiment above. (No offense, Yankopunk. :accordion: )
They aren't referring to the lyrics offending people. They are specifically mentioning how Al goes into the audience and grinds on people. Most people would think it was in good fun, but it's only a matter of time before one audience member thinks he went too far and deems it sexual assault. I honestly could see Lovr being replaced by OMM for a number of reasons, that being one of them.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
hungerfan
Occasional

Post by hungerfan »

Just the thought of someone pulling that crap after a show makes me hate what we have become. Always one of my favorite songs and to see the interaction between Al and the fans...even if I was not a lucky one to get him in my lap.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

hungerfan wrote:Just the thought of someone pulling that crap after a show makes me hate what we have become.
I would love to hear more about this line of thought...
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.