2018 VIP Experience

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

2018 VIP Experience

Post by Elvis »

2018 VIP Meet & Greet Experience
- One (1) Premium Reserved Ticket in the first 15 rows
- Meet and Greet with Weird Al after the show. Includes signature (any one item of your choice) and photo (with your camera).
- Be a part of Weird Al Jeopardy! – a Pre-Concert Game Show Experience challenging people to the ultimate Weird Al trivia contest. Register for the chance to be a contestant, or just play along from the audience (Shhh! No shouting answers!)
- Custom Framed Set List from your own unique show (every show on the 2018 Tour has a different set list!)
- Exclusive, Limited Edition Weird Al Wristwatch with moving limbs as hour and minute hands
- Souvenir VIP Laminate
- Crowd-Free Merchandise Shopping
- Pre-Show Hang with fellow fans — including cash bar* with complimentary non-alcoholic beverages & one (1) drink ticket* (*Local liquor laws apply)
- Early Entry into the Venue
- On-Site VIP Host
2018 VIP Upgrade
Invitation to watch Weird Al Jeopardy! – a Pre-Concert Game Show Experience challenging people to the ultimate Weird Al trivia contest. (Shhh! No shouting answers!)
Exclusive, Limited Edition Weird Al Wristwatch with moving limbs as hour and minute hands
Souvenir VIP Laminate
Crowd-Free Merchandise Shopping
Pre-Show Hang with fellow fans — including cash bar* with complimentary non-alcoholic beverages & one (1) drink ticket* (*Local liquor laws apply)
Early Entry into the Venue
On-Site VIP Host

Tickets to the performance must be purchased separately. VIP Upgrade available on first come first served basis to ticket holders only.
The meet and greet package sounds similar to last tour. The VIP upgrade is different as you need to purchase tickets separately and then do the upgrade. The party was fun, I will try to attend as many as I can No costume contest, though I think I may still dress up. I should do okay at Jeopardy! :lol: I like the wristwatch and setlist. Would love to trade some on my extra setlists (or other stuff from my collection) for other shows I'm not attending (or ones I'm attending and not doing meet and greet) if people have extras!

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Re: 2018 VIP Experience

Post by yankochick38 »

It doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense to me to still have the meet and greet separate in the top level VIP package when this tour was specifically made for the most committed fans. Like with that in mind, if these VIP packages cost as much as they did last tour, it’s pretty messed up.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

yawn!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

yankochick38 wrote:Like with that in mind, if these VIP packages cost as much as they did last tour, it’s pretty messed up.
One of the leaked dates showed a $279.00 price tag for the Meet and Greet package.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
yankochick38
Be jealous.

Post by yankochick38 »

Geeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzuuuzzzzzzz X*
-Alicia
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

I wanna check out the stuff they have, but man, this is gonna be a hard hit for me, even without travel expenses.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
yankochick38
Be jealous.

Post by yankochick38 »

I feel like the VIP stuff wasn’t fully thought about this tour.

“Let’s do a tour, just for the most committed fans, in the smallest venues, in the more obscure cities, with no costumes or props or video screens or any other theatrics. But also let’s still charge $300 for decent seats and the opportunity to meet Al.”

Just...blurgh.
-Alicia
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Interestingly enough, the VIP is actually $10 more than it was last tour, which seems a bit odd.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
spmahn
Die-hard Fan

Post by spmahn »

Muppetboy09 wrote:
yankochick38 wrote:Like with that in mind, if these VIP packages cost as much as they did last tour, it’s pretty messed up.
One of the leaked dates showed a $279.00 price tag for the Meet and Greet package.
What a load of bologna. I love Al, but I’ve met him a few times already and don’t really need to again, and I still have all the junk they gave us on the Mandatory Fun tour collecting dust somewhere, but I really want to sit close to the front again, so the only way to accomplish this is to shell out $300 after fees? Give me a break.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Yeah, I'll see you all in row 16! Where the true fans sit!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.