Jimmy Fallon Appearance

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: Jimmy Fallon Appearance

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I hate to bump an old thread (over seven years, imagine that), but does anyone still have both performances? I have been trying to archive "hard to find" past performances of his on TV (got Lame Claim to Fame on Craig Ferguson and Tacky on Conan recently), but can't manage to get a working archive for this one.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

So, I found this tweet here that says Al will be a guest on Fallons' show this Friday, March 2nd. He will not be the musical guest. It is unclear at this point whether he will be interviewed or just sitting in with The Roots again.
Something tells me the former could be a strong possibility as he does have a tour to promote (and a rather unique one that requires some explanation, I might add...but then again, apparently sitting in with The Roots was apparently enough to promote his last tour on The Tonight Show so we'll just have to wait and see). Perhaps Al may tweet the nature of his appearance in the coming days. I just checked my Comcast/Xfinity listing and it seems to confirm this as well. Stay tuned.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Too bad he's not the musical guest, but should be fun to see him and Al on the same show. I guarantee Jimmy will have the two of them out at the same time.
Scott
Occasional

Post by Scott »

If Al was sitting in with the band, it would say that in the TV listings, so it appears that it will be an interview. And it seems to be a joint interview with Lin-Manuel, given that the "this week's guests" section of the Tonight Show site has a picture of the two of them together.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Maybe this has nothing to do with the tour. Maybe they are announcing their Broadway collaboration

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Scott wrote:If Al was sitting in with the band, it would say that in the TV listings, so it appears that it will be an interview. And it seems to be a joint interview with Lin-Manuel, given that the "this week's guests" section of the Tonight Show site has a picture of the two of them together.
You're probably right about Al sitting in with the band now that I see he's paired up directly w/LMM. I just put that out there because it's been so long since Al sat in with The Roots that on Fallons' show that I don't quite remember how they announced it when it happened but they'd probably announce it similar to the way the guest drummers in Seth Meyers 8G Band are announced whenever Fred Armisen isn't there.

They appear to be Jimmys' first guests scheduled that night and since it also appears they may be interviewed together, this might be a lengthier than normal interview segment (at least one that spans a commercial break). They're probably going to bring up the Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star announcement and at least mention Als' tour in passing.

If he was planning to release whatever he recorded two weeks ago that Friday, do you think they would let him mention that he has a new song out even if he's not performing said song that night? I know it's just more wishful thinking on my part, but an appearance this elaborate on a show as big as Fallon may just be for a little bit more than announcing a tour and a Star on a Walk of Fame.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

minnick27 wrote:Maybe this has nothing to do with the tour. Maybe they are announcing their Broadway collaboration

Ya know, I was thinking about that myself. Bermuda did say Al had something "different" in mind for 2019...so maybe that's what it is?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

minnick27 wrote:Maybe this has nothing to do with the tour. Maybe they are announcing their Broadway collaboration

Is this fact or speculation?

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Speculation partially based on an old rumor

Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

minnick27 wrote:Speculation partially based on an old rumor

I mean, it isn't a rumor that they have talked about doing a musical together (if that is what you're referencing).