What is your lame claim to fame?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Re: What is your lame claim to fame?

Post by algonacchick »

Hi! :w I know I've been away for a while. I thought I'd pop in and see what's up. I have a lame claim to fame for you that is pretty cool, yet weird at the same time. I talked to Al while he was on a pay phone at LAX during the Alpocalypse tour. He tweeted a phone number to call, and after many tries, I finally got through! We talked about the tour, my famous Weird Al cookies, and the Craigslist pants. He said he could probably eat the cookies, since he had lost enough weight to fit into the Craigslist pants. I think I was able to meet him after a show that tour, to give him the cookies. Anyway, it was a pretty cool, yet interesting conversation.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I love that story. "Oh, Patti Patti."
And Peggy
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Big Spoon wrote:I love that story. "Oh, Patti Patti."
:lol:

That was so great! Thanks for reminding me. I have memory loss issues sometimes.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

For those who don't know the story behind my signature, I will count it as a lame claim to fame. I am in a band called Problem Child with my hubby and two friends. I sing and play the flute. I have posted about us on FB and twitter. Well, I met Al after a show on the Alpocalypse tour, and as we were talking, he said those four magic words in my sig. I could not believe it! That means he pays attention to what I post on social media. After I picked my jaw up from the floor, I thanked him for asking. As for what's happening with the band now, we are on hiatus, because our bass player is in Florida. When we do get a chance, we practice on Sunday nights. Anyway, I thought that it was pretty cool of Al to ask about my band.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
ell
Occasional

Post by ell »

algonacchick wrote:For those who don't know the story behind my signature, I will count it as a lame claim to fame. I am in a band called Problem Child with my hubby and two friends. I sing and play the flute. I have posted about us on FB and twitter. Well, I met Al after a show on the Alpocalypse tour, and as we were talking, he said those four magic words in my sig. I could not believe it! That means he pays attention to what I post on social media. After I picked my jaw up from the floor, I thanked him for asking. As for what's happening with the band now, we are on hiatus, because our bass player is in Florida. When we do get a chance, we practice on Sunday nights. Anyway, I thought that it was pretty cool of Al to ask about my band.
Never knew, Patti! :)
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Yeah, I thought I'd post about it, since there are new people (like yourself) here since the last time I was here.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
ell
Occasional

Post by ell »

algonacchick wrote:Yeah, I thought I'd post about it, since there are new people (like yourself) here since the last time I was here.
Yup. I checked out this forum regularly when you were still on (the first period of you being on) but didn't make an account :P
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

algonacchick wrote: :lol:

That was so great! Thanks for reminding me. I have memory loss issues sometimes.
I have memory issues sometimes, too. People with memory issues unite! And... what was I going to say? :lol:

Is there anything from your band available to see or listen to?
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I have a Tindeck page for us. These sound files are from practice sessions. Now listening to one of my favorite jams, our version of "Crossroads." Hubby wails.

Well, Tindeck is no longer, so I have the only 5 songs I could salvage up on Soundcloud. Here is the link.

https://soundcloud.com/patti-brown-774482873" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by algonacchick on Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

algonacchick wrote:I have a Tindeck page for us. These sound files are from practice sessions. Now listening to one of my favorite jams, our version of "Crossroads." Hubby wails.

Problem Child
Listening to some of these and loving them! :D
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!