Obligatory Holiday/birthday/anniversary Topic

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Re: Obligatory Holiday/birthday/anniversary Topic

Post by LaikaComeHome »

Happy birthday Weird Al! <3
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Happy birthday, Al!

Eat a lot of broccoli!
And Peggy
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

Love how we're on the 57th page for his 57th birthday!

Again, loads of love, Al! Hope you're enjoying your special day!
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

Happy Birthday to the one and only Alfred Matthew Yankovic! :birthday: :yay: :party:

I just wanted to return to WOWAY briefly to send you all my love and my best wishes for a very Happy Birthday! Even if you did manage to find some time to read my letter, I still can't express just how much you've meant to me all my life, mean to me now, and will always mean to me. You helped a scared child through some of the darkest, most painful (in all forms) times in his life, and you continue to inspire and entertain him into adulthood. I honestly would not be here without you. I don't know how I would've made it through the lonely, painful times in the hospital... the shame, pain, and darkness of all the torturous abuse and hardships I've faced during my life (the effects of which I feel to this way, in all forms)... and the times when it's just hard to make it through the day. No matter what, you never fail to make me smile or laugh. I can always turn to you to lift my spirits enough to keep me going, and I eagerly await anything you do, both in entertainment and in life itself.

I can't thank you enough for giving me the best day... evening... really, experience... of my entire life. For that night, I felt no pain at all. No physical pain. No emotional pain. When someone says, "I felt like a kid again," well... being a kid again for me has negative connotations. But this night... I realize what others must mean by it. I felt happy and carefree, filled with joy... just like a child should be. You were mere feet away from me on the stage and I was singing along with the songs and just beaming... enjoying every second and not caring what anyone around me thought. Unfortunately, you picked the person right next to me to sing a bit of Yoda, but I forgive you for not picking me. :lol: I'm just kidding, of course. I could never be upset with you. That's another thing, too: I know you'll never let me down, no matter what... and I'll always love you so dearly and so very much.

Then came the moment I never thought would come: I met you. You were immediately so kind and caring towards this person you didn't know... and this person that you've had and will forever have an incredible positive impact on. Just being around you gave me courage I didn't think I would have. You patiently allowed me to speak for as long as I needed. I felt that you truly cared about every word, and that you'd be there all night if I needed you to be. I didn't feel rushed at all (by you, or JW). There's one moment that I look back on every single day (along with the photos and videos I took that night). Although I desperately wanted a hug, there's no way I would've asked you for one. I felt on top of the world just speaking to you for a while, shaking your hand, and getting to look into your eyes and just realize I'm in front of my hero. You're one of the most handsome men on the planet, by the way. I'm sure everyone here will agree. I remember starting my heavily condensed story, and once I told you about how I never went into the hospital without you (your tapes, of course) and you were in my ears during every painful procedure, I'll never forget the tears welling in your eyes... and as I looked back on videos today for your birthday, I sobbed when I saw again the sight that I saw that night:

You looked the way you did in that clip as you clutched your chest. You said, "Oh!" and I could tell you were incredibly touched. Then, you moved towards me, softly said, "Come here," and then wrapped me up in the warmest, most loving hug I've ever experienced in my lifetime. I can count on my fingers the amount of times I've been hugged. It's very rare for me to have any affection, much less physical. And now, I remember what a hug feels like, thanks to you. I remember that it took literally (yes, literally) one second for me to process this... and my body and mind realized what was going on, and I wrapped my arms around you and returned that loving embrace. It felt like eternity (it was in reality, about one minute) as you held me and soothed me, repeatedly thanking me so much for sharing my story with you. Then, I told you about the very dark times... as much as I could, anyway... without breaking down or taking up the entire night (I already felt so selfish, as it is). I saw your eyes water and you nodded and offered sympathetic and kindness to me. I told you about how you showed me that no matter what, my lifelong dream of bringing happiness, love, entertainment, and inspiration to others was the right choice because I saw firsthand the impact you had on people... because my dream is what you get to do day in, day out. You thanked me repeatedly and told me that's the greatest thing in the world to hear. You were just so incredibly moved, and it meant the world to me to be able to tell you all these things. I've told this story before here on WOWAY, so I'll try not to continue with another lengthy post.

For those who haven't read my story, or for Al himself, should he ever read this post... you can find it here in two pieces:

The Legend of Yankopunk (1 of 2): https://www.weirdalforum.com/viewtopic. ... 03#p845103" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Legend of Yankopunk (2 of 2): https://www.weirdalforum.com/viewtopic. ... 80#p845104" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It can't be properly expressed by me no matter what I do or how hard I try, so I'll just say this: thank you for saving my life so many times. Thank you for inspiring me, making me smile, making me laugh, and bringing me joy so many times. I love you more than I could ever possibly express. You are my hero. I exist because of you.

Should I still be on this planet the next time you tour (or make an appearance that it's possible for me to attend), I really hope we meet again. With all the fans you've met in your lifetime, I doubt you'll remember me. One thing will ring certain, though: I will always remember you. :hug:

May today and every single day of your life be filled with love, happiness, good health, good luck, all your dreams and wishes coming true, and so much more! I hope every day is more beautiful than the one before it.

In the words of the great Kenny Omega: "Goodbye... and good night!" :w
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

:birthday: to the guy who managed to change my life in one short evening of music and fun. Thank you so much for reawakening my creativity and helping me want to stay on this ol' rock for several more years. You will always be my muse! :cat:
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

Today is my one year Al-iversary - it was this day last year that I first saw this video:

Youtube

And for the first time really saw who Weird Al was. And I instantly fell in love with that weird and wonderful man. He has inspired me to be better, and braver, and weirder - and even though I don't always succeed I try every day. He has inspired me to draw, and paint, create things I never thought I was capable of. Things I'm actually proud of.

And he makes me smile. Perhaps the most important thing of all.

Bonus Tacky:

Youtube
Love and peace.
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

Did you GIF the emotional Al, Yankopunk? I love it! ^_^
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

:devil: Happy Festival Of Samhain everybody! :devil:
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

15 years ago, today.. I registered myself on this website.. How cool is THAT ?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Happy birthday WOWAY

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ