Germs and You

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

craig

Germs and You

Post by craig »

In that video there is the talking bar of soap, and kid dressed up like a cowboy. I saw Rifftrax's Mothra recently. Did anyone notice in the Soapy short before Mothra that the talking bar of soap and the kid dressed up like cowboy were the same two that were Al's eductional short video? Those educational videos from his 90s show are a compilation of bits from educational films from the 40-50s or newer. Some of the bits in Al's other educational videos might have been parts of full videos that may have been riffed by the Rifftrax guys.
Last edited by craig on Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Re: Germs and You

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

I remember this
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

This should be in the TV & Media section
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Yes all of Als educational shorts are edited together from old footage. Same with the Christmas At Ground Zero video

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

Speaking of Al's videos, especially the clip show at the beginning of his concerts (I know it's changed a bit over the years, of course), has anyone ever made a list of all the TV and movie clips that compromise the intro clip show... or better yet, tried their hand at recreating it. I also wonder what his process is for selecting all these clips. There are definitely some really funny, interesting clips in there.
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Can't wait until Mothra comes out on the site. I've been waiting for them to do Soapy for years...one of my all time favorites. Soapy' s Germfighters is even the name of my fantasy baseball team. :Y

I love cheesy educational shorts like that. I should watch all of Al's shorts and see how many I can recognize. I know off the top of my head Duck and Cover shows up a lot (CGOZ, etc)......
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?