What's The First Al Song You Heard?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Re: What's The First Al Song You Heard?

Post by Sappho »

The first time I heard a Weird Al song that I knew was Weird Al was Tacky. I suppose that makes me a baby fan still. :lol: Though as I got into his catalogue I realized that I actually knew White & Nerdy quite well though I didn't know back then who it was from. So I guess I was a Weird Al fan before I was a Weird Al fan. :lol:

Also, reading back the thread and seeing the mentions of "Gotta Boogie", I have to mention that I, too, had that exact same reaction - I will never forget the first time I heard it and how hard it made me laugh. Yes, it's juvenile, but that doesn't mean it isn't also very clever.
Love and peace.
claykid12345
Occasional
Awards: nothing

Post by claykid12345 »

My first song I heard was most likely White and Nerdy around 2009 when the video came out on VEVO. I was only 6 or 7 years old (yes I'm only 13) and I listened to the other ones (only from SOL because I didn't care about the others). About a year later me and my dad were listening to funny music on his computer and we found Beverly Hillbillies/Money For Nothing. I kinda liked it, and I still feel the same way. Until about June 2013 I listened to like 1 song every now and then (i remember not being able to find A Complicated Song and having to watch some weird South Park video of it and my parents yelling at me). Around June 2013 I found Everything You Know Is Wrong and that got me hooked.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
...it's time to let your babies grow up to be cowboys, it's time to let the bedbugs bite...
Weird Al Concerts I've been to:
6/30/16 - Kansas City, MO (Mandatory Fun Tour)
8/31/19 - Kansas City, MO (Strings Attached Tour)
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

My first was "Bob". I found it ages ago on Uncyclopedia and didn't realize it was him for a long time.
KaleyFromSpace
Occasional

Post by KaleyFromSpace »

The first song I heard was "Fat", followed shortly by "Eat It". I was a big Michael Jackson fan as a kid, so one night my dad pulled up the MJ parodies on Youtube. I had no idea who Al was and what a parody was supposed to be, and since sassy child-me always had to oppose my dad, I was like "get this away from me" and I didn't watch the whole thing.
But the next day I was intrigued by Al. I looked him up, and started listening to his music and watching his videos, and in a matter of hours I was hooked for life! I never shut up about him for the next 8 years and counting :P Thanks, Dad!
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

It's been many a year ago, but it was probably "Eat It" or "Like a Surgeon." However, if I'm naming the one that I heard first since I almost died last year, it would be "Tacky." I like to start from that time as a reference point, since I'm actually living now, rather than existing.
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

"White and Nerdy" which I heard on Music Choice sometime in 2006.
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
sternoinferno
Occasional

Post by sternoinferno »

Fat - first song on The Food Album, which was the first CD I ever got when I was about 6 or 7 maybe?
That album contained the only Al songs I knew until I was about 11 when I saw the video for Smells Like Nirvana (on VHS yay), and then later that year I saw Al live for the first time during the Poodle Hat Tour in 2003 - been hooked ever since!