The Big Introduction Topic

Where all the new WOWAYers can learn!

Moderator: Moderators

catladyleeann
Regular

Re: The Big Introduction Topic

Post by catladyleeann »

:welcome: I'm glad you're here, Devin.
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Spumoni Sloth wrote:Trivia: I was born the day Even Worse was released
That's awesome :good:. :welcome:

Lee Ann, I get it you're a biologist or an ecologist? What is your branch? I'm a zoologist, I work with amphipods.
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

Hi, no I actually work for a biologist. I'm an wildlife care technician at a Wildlife Rehab here in Mobile. I Love all of the sciences and any study of living creatures (humans, not so much; pretty much just animal life).
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
Spumoni Sloth
Awards: NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Post by Spumoni Sloth »

I tried to create a topic in the fan art section but the option wasn't there.
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

Spumoni Sloth wrote:I tried to create a topic in the fan art section but the option wasn't there.
You can't create threads until you've responded to a thread 10 times.

Basically to prevent spambots from spamming all over.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Capybara
Die-hard Fan

Post by Capybara »

Spumoni Sloth wrote:My name is Devin, I'm 28 and I'm just starting to socialize with other fans. I have Asperger's (a form of autism) which makes socializing difficult to do and causes anxiety. I thought joining communities where I share the same interests would be a good way to make friends.
:welcome: to the forum, Devin!
I'm afraid the minister has fallen through the Earth's crust.
KaleyFromSpace
Occasional

Post by KaleyFromSpace »

Hi everyone! It's great to finally be a member here! I've been aware of this forum for a few years and I've perused it more than once, but was too shy to join until now. I was just at Al's San Diego show two nights ago with the Mandatory Czar package!!!, and I realized I did not have any friends who would understand my excitement! So I figured it was time to join the forum! Please bear with me as I learn how to use it, I've read the newbie instructions and everything but I'll probably still mess up in the beginning.

My name is Kaley. (Sorry about the Eliza in my username, and the confusion that might cause. I'd change it if I could but I don't think you can? When I registered I thought I'd use my middle name, Elizabeth, and then I realized I should just use the name everyone IRL calls me because I'd like to make friends here - awkward. Call me whatever, really.) :imstupid:

I'm 19 years old. I live in San Diego, California but I go to college in Massachusetts. I'm an English major.
I've been a huge Weird Al fan for around 8 years. My first concert was in 2010. I've met him three times. He is an inextricable part of my life and having no fellow Al-fan-friends is quite lonely! I'm pretty awkward and I don't really "fit in" with anyone I know IRL, so I'd really love to make some friends here. If you like Hamilton and/or Harry Potter, then we have even more in common! Alrighty, that's all. Have a nice day everyone!
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

ElizaFromSpace wrote:Hi everyone! It's great to finally be a member here! I've been aware of this forum for a few years and I've perused it more than once, but was too shy to join until now. I was just at Al's San Diego show two nights ago with the Mandatory Czar package!!!, and I realized I did not have any friends who would understand my excitement! So I figured it was time to join the forum! Please bear with me as I learn how to use it, I've read the newbie instructions and everything but I'll probably still mess up in the beginning.

My name is Kaley. (Sorry about the Eliza in my username, and the confusion that might cause. I'd change it if I could but I don't think you can? When I registered I thought I'd use my middle name, Elizabeth, and then I realized I should just use the name everyone IRL calls me because I'd like to make friends here - awkward. Call me whatever, really.) :imstupid:

I'm 19 years old. I live in San Diego, California but I go to college in Massachusetts. I'm an English major.
I've been a huge Weird Al fan for around 8 years. My first concert was in 2010. I've met him three times. He is an inextricable part of my life and having no fellow Al-fan-friends is quite lonely! I'm pretty awkward and I don't really "fit in" with anyone I know IRL, so I'd really love to make some friends here. If you like Hamilton and/or Harry Potter, then we have even more in common! Alrighty, that's all. Have a nice day everyone!
We have a lot of Hamilton and Harry Potter fans here, don't worry your wee cotton socks off! ^_^

Hello Kaley! :w I'm Heds, I live in Scotland, I don't fit in well with people either. I'm an extrovert aspie who just really hates being social and I'm a very shy one.
I've been an Al fan for over a year now and I am also very into Comedy Bang! Bang! right now. I love comedy and I always want to be the one whom acts very fun to be with and all. Other music-wise I enjoy ELO - The Whale is a very aesthetic song that's just instrumental, and while that's all it is is still gives you that vibe.

I hope you enjoy your time on the forum. Here's to you staying here forever! :tacky:
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

Hi Kaley, welcome to the forums! :welcome: It's nice to meet you!
Love and peace.
KaleyFromSpace
Occasional

Post by KaleyFromSpace »

Thank you both! Heds, I'm enjoying the ELO song very much. I've also recently gotten into Comedy Bang! Bang! It's great! I definitely plan on staying forever, these are my people. :hug: