Next WOWAY Awards Discussion

An annual WOWAY tradition since 1961.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Next WOWAY Awards Discussion

Post by TMBJon »

This section of the forum doesn't have to go dark whenever it's not awards season!
Here's a thread to discuss your hopes and dreams for the next WOWAY Awards.

Some possible uses for this topic:
- Proposed Categories
- Format Ideas/Suggestions
- Bookmarking Potential Posts Of The Year
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Re: Next WOWAY Awards Discussion

Post by yankochick38 »

Yes!!

Also,
-Who should host?
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

yankochick38 wrote: -Who should host?
You!
yankochick38
Be jealous.

Post by yankochick38 »

Annie27 for News Gathering :detective:
(Telling us what lies beneath the clothes of the NECA action figure)
-Alicia
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

Elvis should host
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

All members in my Discord are rooting for me to host next year.
I am very interested mainly because I would make it better. There would be dank memes and broken dreams. Craps and giggles. Awards and Al. All wrapped up in a gift. The forum would LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it.

I already have big plans if I'm chosen to host, but I will be hosting with an animated caricature to protect my identity. One of the larger plans is having a Daicon IV Opening Animation spoof to start it all off, and I'm hoping to have a big animator do it, along with my caricature.

But the BIGGEST plan is I'll be starting a planning committee, but only once it's confirmed that I will be host.
This will consist of -
Elvis
A few moderators especially Alicia whom I hope will edit it
High-profile users
and the chosen animator.

I am not taking people right now because I'm unsure what's going to happen and if I'll be host. Hopefully this should be decided soon so I know for sure.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yankochick38
Be jealous.

Post by yankochick38 »

Hosting the WOWAY Awards is a HUGE responsibility, and each successive host has a lot to live up to. Usually, the host is the one writing, producing, filming, and editing their own stuff as well as reaching out to and keeping track of everyone else's presentations. I can't really see an animated WOWAY Awards like you're describing happening. The host would have to be themselves and put a LOT of time into creating the WOWAY Awards. I know I already have notes written out and ideas on how to do things differently next time in case I host, and I feel like since I have the experience I would be able to put on just as good of a show (hopefully better!) as last time, and I know how to time things out better and where I want to go with it now. There's so much going on with the WOWAY Awards behind the scenes that you don't see, and I hope people don't think it's just some fun little project that anyone could easily put together because it really is a lot of work, and I had a lot of help, but was still expected to do a lot of it myself and have it turn out amazing. It's a lot of pressure for someone to handle, and I feel that I would be a top candidate for host of the 2017 WOWAY Awards.

Speaking of which, it's almost July, so it's about time to start pre-production! :o
-Alicia
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

yankochick38 wrote:Hosting the WOWAY Awards is a HUGE responsibility, and each successive host has a lot to live up to. Usually, the host is the one writing, producing, filming, and editing their own stuff as well as reaching out to and keeping track of everyone else's presentations. I can't really see an animated WOWAY Awards like you're describing happening. The host would have to be themselves and put a LOT of time into creating the WOWAY Awards. I know I already have notes written out and ideas on how to do things differently next time in case I host, and I feel like since I have the experience I would be able to put on just as good of a show (hopefully better!) as last time, and I know how to time things out better and where I want to go with it now. There's so much going on with the WOWAY Awards behind the scenes that you don't see, and I hope people don't think it's just some fun little project that anyone could easily put together because it really is a lot of work, and I had a lot of help, but was still expected to do a lot of it myself and have it turn out amazing. It's a lot of pressure for someone to handle, and I feel that I would be a top candidate for host of the 2017 WOWAY Awards.

Speaking of which, it's almost July, so it's about time to start pre-production! :o
Ono not Alicia AGAINNNNNNNN
We're gonna have to put up with an hour of AWARDS and STRIPPED ACTION FIGURE LICKING

Also, everybody else's portions WOULD BE live action. I'm not really aiming for an all-animated super show... that would be pure laziness on my part :? But yeah, speaking of that my location (Scotland) is VERY inappropriate and my dear god, I don't even have the budget nor am I old enough to travel about to film, but if I did, it would be on my own iPad (yeah yeah I know low budget girl)

So here, it becomes debatable <_<
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Having hosted the show once before, I strongly recommend that the hosting responsibilities go to someone who has been on the forum for a few years and has the technical know-how to pull it off. I can't think of a candidate better than Alicia, personally.

Heds - I haven't seen any video or animated projects from you before. Care to share some examples, so we see what you would bring to the table? I think you would make an excellent presenter at least!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Hello, we gotta give our own TMBJon some kinda lifetime achievement award for managing to land a day job where he get to be coworkers with Al himself every day for weeks at a time! I may be willing to present him such an award if it came down to that.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...