Moderator: Moderators

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Re: Tacky

Post by yankochick38 »

Heds wrote:
yankochick38 wrote:um first off SPOILERS also yes of course
According to the Big S it's been 9 months (it's right above me, you idiots) so how haven't you caught up yet?
Too lazy with your Al daydreaming?
I've seen it a few times by now. BJHM is one of my top favorite shows. Not everyone has Netflix or has seen the show, however. If 9 months is the set amount of time for a spoiler to not be a spoiler anymore, I wasn't aware of it.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

1 month for spoilers max. I got crap on Reddit for talking about the series finale of Futurama over 6 months after it aired. Its ridiculous that people get so butthurt. If you really wanna see something Its easy, if you waited 6 months you obviously don't care about it too much

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

minnick27 wrote:1 month for spoilers max. I got crap on Reddit for talking about the series finale of Futurama over 6 months after it aired. Its ridiculous that people get so butthurt. If you really wanna see something Its easy, if you waited 6 months you obviously don't care about it too much

One month is way too short. There are any number of reasons why people may not be up to date - maybe they've been away or too busy with work to keep up with everything they wanted to watch. Maybe they've only just found out the show exists or is worth seeing. Or maybe they're not American and the show isn't readily available in their country. It's not just a matter of "not caring".

Edited for :wordcrimes:
Last edited by Sappho on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Love and peace.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Really? One month seems a little long to me. I'd say give it a week or two, three tops.
And Peggy
Sappho
Obsessed

Post by Sappho »

Depends on where you're talking. If it's on a forum dedicated to the show, then yeah, longer than that shouldn't be necessary. But if you're in an unrelated place, I would be more reticent, especially when it comes to major stuff like character death.
Love and peace.
yankochick38
Be jealous.

Post by yankochick38 »

For example, I haven't had the time to watch season 5 of Game of Thrones yet, even though season 6 is about to start. There are some major things that have been spoiled for me that I tried to avoid because I would have liked to see them happen for myself as a surprise. Just because I haven't seen season 5 yet doesn't mean I don't care about it.

There was also Harry Potter which I started reading as a small child but never really finished the books or the movies until high school, and Harry Potter is one of my favorite things in my life now. I still got spoiled about major plot points (and one of them my friend casually mentioned as I was reading that same book) even though the books and movies had been out for a while at that point. Again, just because I hadn't gotten to it yet doesn't mean I didn't care about being spoiled. Spoilers are spoilers.
-Alicia
Sappho
Obsessed

Post by Sappho »

I came across this today - Al presenting an awards show in 1993, wearing the exact same jacket he now wears for Tacky.

Youtube
Love and peace.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

OMG
yankochick38
Be jealous.

Post by yankochick38 »

Sappho wrote:I came across this today - Al presenting an awards show in 1993, wearing the exact same jacket he now wears for Tacky.

Youtube
Omg that banter is so painfully cringeworthy :lol:

But it's super smurfin' cool to see him wearing the same clothes as he does now when he looks like that :inlove: :ph34r: I needed this in my LIFE.
-Alicia
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I forgot all about Jeff Healy. He was good

Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ