Where all the new WOWAYers can learn!

Moderator: Moderators

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Re: The Big Introduction Topic

Post by yankochick38 »

Mo33 wrote:Hi! :D

My name is Moira and I’m 20 years old. I really began to listen to Al’s music a few months ago (I only knew like two songs) and I fell HARD in love with the man :inlove:
I live in Switzerland and I’ve never seen him in concert but I really really really hope to see him soon!

Even though I’m rather new in this fandom, this community seems wonderful and I’m happy to join you :D
Hey!! :w It's me, joelmchalesnose, aka yankochick38, aka Alicia! I'm glad you joined!! Here's Yankochick Central ;) : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11934" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Mo33
Occasional

Post by Mo33 »

Ah yes! Thank you very much ;)
"The potatoes do not agree."
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

I already welcomed you in the Yankochick thread but I wanted to say hi here too. :D Like you, I'm also a pretty new fan (as you might have noticed by my own introductory post above :lol: ) and I've really enjoyed the forum so far. :)
Love and peace.
Mo33
Occasional

Post by Mo33 »

That's nice of you, thanks! :D I'm sure I will enjoy it :lol:
Annie27
Addicted

Post by Annie27 »

Welcome to the forum Moria! Glad you joined. Everyone here is super nice and awesome. :w :welcome:
Concerts: 5/30/15
6/24/16
3/25/18
7/06/19

"I have to assume my enemies are idiots"- Al Yankovic
Devoted Al fan since the very young age of two
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

:welcome: Moira!
Mo33
Occasional

Post by Mo33 »

Thanks everybody! :ttr:
ziddersroofurry

Hey there.

Post by ziddersroofurry »

Hi, all. My name's Zid. I've been a fan of Al's since I heard him on the Dr. Demento show way back in the early 80's. I remember it being a live version of 'Another One Rides The Bus'. I like to think It was the one in the Wikipedia entry since it was live but my recollection is foggy. All I know is I loved Dr. Demento and Weird Al was and still is one of my favorite musicians ever.

I grew up in Coventry, Rhode Island. When I was a kid I didn't have a lot of friends. Music was my main way of escaping a lot of the crap I was going through. Having Al there to make me laugh when I otherwise would have been crying means a lot. It still does. He's inspired me to be a sillier person and has helped me fall in love with humor. I'm able to make my friends laugh and be there for people who go through the kind of stuff I went through. That means a lot, too.

I'm very grateful to find a forum where I can share these awesome memories. Al-if you ever read this-thanks. From the very bottom of my heart.

I wish all of you the best and hope that you have lots of love and kindness in your lives. Please love yourselves as best you can and remember that you are so very worthwhile. That and if you're dealing with depression or have people in your life who are mistreating/abusing you there are lots of people out there who care and who can help. Please don't ever, ever be ashamed of asking for help.
"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased—thus do we refute entropy." -Spider Robinson
Annie27
Addicted

Re: Hey there.

Post by Annie27 »

Welcome Zid! Nice to have you here!
Concerts: 5/30/15
6/24/16
3/25/18
7/06/19

"I have to assume my enemies are idiots"- Al Yankovic
Devoted Al fan since the very young age of two
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Hey there.

Post by Yankomaniac »

Welcome! Your hey there speech was quite touching.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!