Weird Al's Close Personal Friends: The Book

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Weird Al's Close Personal Friends: The Book

Post by Yup. »

Coming in October 2016:

Image\\

Yes! I am writing a book entirely made up of fan stories!

So here was the inspiration. I have a ton of friends from just solely this fanbase, and they tell me their favorite concert stories all the time, because that's just what we do. Many of them are really funny, really amazing, or just plain interesting, that any fan- new or old- would enjoy. So why not put them all in one place?

I obviously can't fill a whole book with just my concert experiences. So, that's where the fans come in. If you have a concert story that you want to share, contact me either here or any of my social media sites. You can submit as many stories as you'd like! And if you don't want to write or type out an entire chapter, let me know. We can either discuss it so I can write it out for you or we can figure something else out. Or if you are interested in writing an entire chapter, please do! Whatever you are comfortable with!

I'd also like to put letters to Al in the back, but I'd like those to be completely unedited (meaning you'd have to write that out, and whatever you write stays. I don't and won't edit the letters. :wordcrimes: ). If you're also interested in that, let me know!

I need all the concert stories I can get! Let's do this, my close, personal friends! :accordion:

EDIT: I would like to mention that they don't necessarily have to be from a concert. If you'd like to share something from a meet and greet, a convention, interview, etc., feel free to! As long as it involves Al, I will take it!
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
Annie27
Addicted

Re: Weird Al's Close Personal Friends: The Book

Post by Annie27 »

This sounds awesome! I'd love to contribute, but I'm afraid I don't have anything to offer really. :(
Concerts: 5/30/15
6/24/16
3/25/18
7/06/19

"I have to assume my enemies are idiots"- Al Yankovic
Devoted Al fan since the very young age of two
Yup.
Die-hard Fan

Post by Yup. »

That's no problem at all! If you'd like to submit a letter to Al, or I don't know if you draw, but I also accept artwork! Nobody is forced to submit anything, of course!
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I could probably fill a book all by myself, but I'd totally be down for writing a chapter or two. Let me know the details!

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Annie27
Addicted

Post by Annie27 »

I do like drawing, but I'm not that great at it. I've drawn Al several times, but I don't think they're good enough to show to him. So, I'd rather send a letter. Should I PM it to you at some point?
Concerts: 5/30/15
6/24/16
3/25/18
7/06/19

"I have to assume my enemies are idiots"- Al Yankovic
Devoted Al fan since the very young age of two
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

I kinda thought this WOWAY topic would be a great place to gather up all the fan stories in one place. :flower: I didn't really think about making it into a book.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Yup.
Die-hard Fan

Post by Yup. »

Elvis wrote:I could probably fill a book all by myself, but I'd totally be down for writing a chapter or two. Let me know the details!

Dave
Thanks Dave! I will be PMing you soon! :accordion:

Edit: Just put up the guidelines, if you have anymore questions beyond that, let me know!
Last edited by Yup. on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
Yup.
Die-hard Fan

Post by Yup. »

yankochick38 wrote:I kinda thought this WOWAY topic would be a great place to gather up all the fan stories in one place. :flower: I didn't really think about making it into a book.
I totally forgot about that topic!

I may contact the people who posted their stories there and ask permission to use a few of them. Thanks for bringing that to my attention! :flower:
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
Yup.
Die-hard Fan

Post by Yup. »

Annie27 wrote:I do like drawing, but I'm not that great at it. I've drawn Al several times, but I don't think they're good enough to show to him. So, I'd rather send a letter. Should I PM it to you at some point?
Whatever you'd like to send is fine with me! I shall send you a PM soon, and I will post the official guidelines for the chapters and letters right here. :accordion:
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
Yup.
Die-hard Fan

Post by Yup. »

Official but yet Unofficial Guidelines

Stories

Each chapter will consist of 1-3 stories, but the stories may not be from the same person. It all depends on how many I get and how long they are. But here are the guidelines (these are subject to change).

1. Please include somewhere in your story(s) your name and the date that the experience happened (if possible). It doesn't matter where in your story(s) you put either of those, but please include them somewhere in there.

2. There is no limit to how long these stories can be! If you only have a paragraph's worth of story(s), perfectly fine with me. But if you can tell your story(s) with as much detail as possible, that would be great. (Sorry if I sound like your high school English teacher.)

3. If you are going to be typing it out yourself, please use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling. I will go back and edit your story(s) if you'd like/need me to, but if you can avoid any word crimes, that would be highly appreciated! :wordcrimes:

4. This book will most likely be read by people of all ages, so please make it family-friendly. If the story(s) itself is not family-friendly, please make it clearly noted at the beginning of the story(s).

Letters

1. The letters will be at the very end of the book, and they should be addressed directly to Al (ex. Dear Al, Hey Weird Al, etc.).

2. These letters will not be edited. I will not go through and fix grammar on the letters unless you ask me to. Whatever you write is what goes through. (See guideline 4 in Stories.)

Artwork

1. The artwork will be distributed through the entire book, and the artist will be credited, of course.

2. The artwork will most likely be published in black and white (subject to change), so please make it black and white friendly.

3. Nothing too profound or edgy. Unlike the stories and letters, I can't include a note saying the artwork is mature. So try to avoid anything sensitive.

That's just about it! Very excited to get this show on the road! :tacky:

EDIT: As of right now, there is no deadline. I plan to get this published in summer of 2016, give Al the first copy on tour, and then have the actual book come out October 2016. So as of right now, take your time. As next year gets closer, I'll set a definite deadline. :flower:
Last edited by Yup. on Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY