8/5/15 Williamsport, PA Community Arts Center

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: 8/5/15 Williamsport, PA Community Arts Center

Post by Yankomaniac »

That is the consensus. But he is still signing stuff at the bus, couple times a week it seems.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
DrSteggy
Off The Deep End
Awards: Winner, Survivor All Stars

Post by DrSteggy »

FWIW, at one point we figured you have about a 1 in 4 shot at seeing Al after the show at the bus--those were pre Mandatory Fun numbers. I haven't had a chance to revisit them, but it feels roughly the same this time around, though now the actual bus part is much more streamlined.

ETA--found that post and it needs to be updated:

viewtopic.php?p=492280#p492280" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Positioning is everything in life." A. de La Hunta
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Here's 5 whole pictures from yesterday. Facebook friends only! :stern: :P

https://www.facebook.com/david.rossi.27 ... 859&type=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A loooooooooooooooong drive, but fun because I was in a car with Adrian, Anne, and Alicia. It was neat because on the way out we drove past some wrestling related trucks, and passed signs for Easton, Wilkes-Barre, Bethlehem, Allentown, Stroudsburg. Scranton, Harrisburg, and maybe a few other places I have seen Al in Pennsylvania so it was fun to have good conversation and reminisce. We rolled into Williamsport and dropped Alicia at the theater, then pretended to see a movie so that we could park in their parking lot. Williamsport is a town I've never heard of before, but is a nice little town with lots of shops and restaurants. We waked around a bit then settled on a pizza place that was really good. Walked over to the theater and there was a line around the block to get in.

Our seats were fourth row right on the aisle which was totally awesome. But I had a tall guy with a big head in front of me so I could see the concert fine, but not so good for pictures so I only took a few when Al came over onto my side of the stage. In "Tacky" Al slapped the sunglasses off JW which I didn't know I got a picture of until after. Anne and Alicia both got sung to for WBUL. TSB had a Chewbacca and character I don't remember ever seeing before whose face looked like it was melting. Adrian seems to think he was a Jedi of some sort in the prequels.

After the show, I ran into Sue, who I used to do a lot of tour chasing with on TWS. It was her first concert in 10 years, and hopefully it. We hung out by the bus and decided to give it to 11:00 then we had to leave. At 10:59:59 JW came out and told everyone there would be no signing tonight as Al had already left the building. We chatted with JW for a few minutes then stopped at Dunkin Donuts and headed home where Alicia gave us her personal list of Sexiest Al songs ever.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Jealous you guys got Chewbacca, pic looks awesome. Like the cover photo too.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Why don't they always have Chewbacca and is that guy wearing something that makes him like 8 feet tall? Must be some hefty heightening boots.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I've noticed that the only times they have Chewbacca is at certain PA dates. Correct me if I am wrong!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
DrSteggy
Off The Deep End

Post by DrSteggy »

The stormtroopers etc are locally sourced from chapters of the 501st legion. Not all of them have a Chewbacca or other characters, which is why there is variety from show to show. Those guys don't travel with the band. They come from the area around the show.
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

Elvis wrote:A loooooooooooooooong drive, but fun because I was in a car with Adrian, Anne, and Alicia. It was neat because on the way out we drove past some wrestling related trucks, and passed signs for Easton, Wilkes-Barre, Bethlehem, Allentown, Stroudsburg. Scranton, Harrisburg, and maybe a few other places I have seen Al in Pennsylvania so it was fun to have good conversation and reminisce.
:bigups: There are a lot of places in PA that I probably would have never been to if it weren't for tour chasing.
We rolled into Williamsport and dropped Alicia at the theater, then pretended to see a movie so that we could park in their parking lot.
I think Anne is still worried that someone from Williamsport is going to show up at our house and tow our car away out of spite.
But I had a tall guy with a big head in front of me so I could see the concert fine, but not so good for pictures so I only took a few when Al came over onto my side of the stage.
I had that guy's wee young son in front of me, and his head didn't even go above the chair back, which was AWESOME for pictures. :ttr:
We chatted with JW for a few minutes then stopped at Dunkin Donuts
Chips Ahoy Donut :drool:
and headed home where Alicia gave us her personal list of Sexiest Al songs ever.
Which apparently is every song except for Harvey the Wonder Hamster, because "you can't sexualize Harvey the Wonder Hamster!"

I have lots of pictures to catch up on from the past week, but I loved the Chewie shots above and had to share! I'll post the full set from this show (and the others) once I've had a chance to weed out the bad ones.
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!
DrSteggy
Off The Deep End

Post by DrSteggy »

Jigawatt wrote:
and headed home where Alicia gave us her personal list of Sexiest Al songs ever.
Which apparently is every song except for Harvey the Wonder Hamster, because "you can't sexualize Harvey the Wonder Hamster!"
Alicia, there are sections of the Internet you should never, ever go to.