The Tao of Al

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

KatrinatheGood
Addicted

Re: The Tao of Al

Post by KatrinatheGood »

Blessed are those who purchase show seats way in the back, for they still are in the presence of awesome.
Last edited by KatrinatheGood on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WeirdDana27
Addicted

Post by WeirdDana27 »

Weird Emily wrote:count me in for this project! I will definatley do some writing for this project, is there anything in particular that u would like me to write about?? :accordion:
Thanks for your interest, Emily! My goal is to compile a series of anecdotes, etc. that reflect Al's standard of living :) Do you have any ideas?
WeirdDana27
Addicted

Post by WeirdDana27 »

KatrinatheGood wrote:Blessed are those who purchase show seats way in the back, for they still are in the presents of awesome.
Agreed 100%! I sat in the upper mezzanine at my last Al concert and still was in the presence of awesome!!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

You will always get a much better full band sound from further back as opposed to the first few rows. There are perks to being further back, being closer is just giving you a closer look at everything going on, however from further back you also get a better full band view as well. Usually.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
WeirdDana27
Addicted

Post by WeirdDana27 »

List of the BeALtitudes:
1. Blessed are those who dare to be stupid, for the future is up to them.
2. Blessed are those who lose on Jeopardy, for they will do better on The Price is Right.
3. Blessed are those who wait for Al by the bus, for they may get any item signed that they wish instead of a poster no one wants.
4. Blessed are those who purchase show seats way in the back, for they still are in the presence of awesome.
5. Blessed are those who read the horoscopes, unless their horoscope says otherwise.

How many more do we need?
Last edited by WeirdDana27 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Those posters are actually totally sweet though. I didn't think they would be anything special but they look pretty killer, even better signed. I still prefer getting albums signed, by my favorite bands.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Capybara
Die-hard Fan

Post by Capybara »

How many more do we need?

There are eight beatitudes.
Last edited by Capybara on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm afraid the minister has fallen through the Earth's crust.
WeirdDana27
Addicted

Post by WeirdDana27 »

Yankomaniac wrote:Those posters are actually totally sweet though. I didn't think they would be anything special but they look pretty killer, even better signed. I still prefer getting albums signed, by my favorite bands.
Autographs are nice, but HUGS are even better, especially from Al!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Even as guy, I can totally get that.
FreedomHaul
Occasional

Post by FreedomHaul »

Yankomaniac wrote:You will always get a much better full band sound from further back as opposed to the first few rows. There are perks to being further back, being closer is just giving you a closer look at everything going on, however from further back you also get a better full band view as well. Usually.
Totally agree on this. The first few rows of the balcony and/or as close as you can get to the sound person typically have the best sound in the venue. You get the best volume, ideal balance and clarity between the instruments, and just enough hall echo to make everything blend perfectly. This holds for non-Yankovic concerts, too!