7/19/15 Ottawa, ON Ottawa Bluesfest

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Alinite27
Off The Deep End

7/19/15 Ottawa, ON Ottawa Bluesfest

Post by Alinite27 »

Blues!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: 7/19/15 Ottawa, ON Ottawa Bluesfest

Post by Yankomaniac »

That's right Jeremy!! The bluesfest in Ottawa, my hometown. We rarely ever actually have good blues artists but it gets a lot of big names and for years Iv'e wanted Al and the guys to play there. 2 days after my birthday, good date, hope to see you there Jeremy! And it is outside which means general admission, way it should be. :boot:
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I must add that two days before will be my 27th birthday, isn't that weird? Guess not. Maybe a little.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Bump* The Tea Party and Bill Burr are also playing before Al! That is not bad at all because it is on separate stages and I'm looking forward to the general admission/outdoor freedom. Hope Al doesn't smell anything rising from the crowd because I know some wild rockers who are looking forward to it. :peace: :clap: :yay:
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Will also post my review of this show that happened tonight. Will give the set right now though. They played from 5:30-7pm and before Bill Burr who was amazing too! Was a hot day and the sun was shining:

Now That's What I Call Polka
Perform This Way
Dare To Be Stupid
Fat
Foil
Smells Like Nirvana
REGULAR MEDLEY with ALL of Canadian Idiot!! We do live in the capital of Canada!
Acoustic Medley
White & Nerdy
Word Crimes
Amish Paradise
Yoda

Was an amazing outdoor show in the daytime and only new stuff, Lovr and Saga were cut. I had personally requested to Steve on Friday that they not cut Dare To Be Stupid and he told me tonight that I got my wish. 8)
mybologna
Regular

Post by mybologna »

Did Al do 'Yoda' in the Hawaiian shirt? :)
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

No, they had the Jedi robes. Also had the crazy starlit background and everything even though it was broad daylight. I was obviously the only Ottawa fan who new the Yoda chant minus the new addition and they sang it in double time yesterday. Was fast as I've ever heard them do it. I was the only one in the audience that would have known the difference.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Was a pretty killer day at the Bluesfest. Was supposed to be raining and we even had tornado warnings so it was looking like the show was going to be cancelled initially. The weather was really sketchy but eventually it was just really cloudy with breaks of very hot sun which was cooking us. We got some free passes for the festival from Jess' mom 'cause she had been there all week and didn't want to go so my initial ride for Hamilton came along to see his first Al show. Al was scheduled for 5:30-7 so we got there for around 4 and saw the bus again. Steve was there just hanging and we said hey then went into the festival to get a good spot for the show. The band Temperance Movement opened for Al and we ate dinner and watched from afar as there was no big crowd yet. By the end it was filling up and we got up to the front couple rows by the time they were done. Waited half hour and the sun was blazing now, everyone sweating profusely.

Was a very unique show being the time of day and setting and what not but it was a hell of a show! Amazing energy as usual and they didn't cut Dare To Be Stupid so I was quite pleased. Was giving the DTBS salute back and forth with Jim at the end. Was again surprised when I realized that they were doing all of Canadian Idiot to end the medley, don't know if they did that at any other shows. Did both medleys but didn't use the candles this time for obvious reasons, and I thought the acoustic medley was better in Ottawa than on Friday. All of the best videos were still used including the Weird movie trailer, the one with J.K Simmons and the old school 90's clip of them backstage catching the grapes. Funny hearing people in the audience realizing that it is an actual band with all of the same members. Like I mentioned before, they sped up the Yoda chant at the end, that was neat, they pretty much ended right on time.

Afterwards we got some dinner and watched a little bit of Randy Bachman who was playing lots of BTO and Guess Who stuff, which he wrote, was pretty killer. Went over to the bus and said thanks again to Steve, we all jabbered a long time and he told us some really wild stories and then we went back in and caught Bill Burr who was insanely funny, I was almost peeing myself. After that we had to go by the buses again anyway to leave (we were the only people who knew it was Al's bus) and we saw JW in the crew bus and we waved and he came out and we thanked him for Friday and talked for a few minutes. While we were talking I hear "YOU AGAIN!!" and Bermuda come from behind and we talked about Bachman's set a bit and got another pic with him and him and Steve signed my buddies tour shirt. Then the topper occurred when Jim came up and I finally completed my Even Worse and UHF albums, completely signed. Had a pretty cool photo sesh with Bermuda and Kimo, Bermuda is great with a camera! Jim signed my friends shirt too and we got to hang with Jim for about 10 minutes. Told us about how was born in Toronto but lived in Ottawa for quite a while as a kid so that was really cool!! JW told us he was watching Al talk with Bill Burr and wanted to take a pic but decided not to. He started getting walky talky words and Al was ready to go so JW had to be bodyguard and lead Al from backstage tent area to the bus. Al came and said "Hey" and signed one thing for everyone but no pics before heading off...was very quick. Jess got her Mandatory Fun double signed 'cause the marker was faded by the time we got to him Friday so he jus went over it again for her. They said her Mandatory Fun CD is now the only one they have seen fully signed, so Jess is very happy with that. My buddy got his shirt signed too so he was ecstatic as well! Hit a McDicks on the way home to celebrate a perfect weekend and I think I am spent for this tour! Hope they come back this way soon. :great:
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Forgot to mention something cool, at the beginning of the show, instead of saying "are you ready to Polka", Al said "are you ready for some bluuues??" Figured I would just add that in because I was thinking about it today and had initially planned on mentioning it. That is all. 8)