8/2/15 Morristown,NJ Mayo Performing Arts Center

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

WeirdBillWX
Occasional

Re: 8/2/15 Morristown,NJ Mayo Performing Arts Center

Post by WeirdBillWX »

I haven't been to the Mayo Perf. Arts Center in Morristown before and have a friend coming up from south Jersey to meet me "somewhere". Does anyone here have advice on parking or best time to get into town (since it's a Sunday show)? I could meet my friend before and we could drive into town together or just meet somewhere in town if there's a parking lot that's not crowded. I'd have to get there to pick up tickets ahead anyway and I don't live more than 40 minutes away, so any advice is appreciated. By the way...I'll be in row F. So hi to anyone else on here that will be in that area. :)

-Bill....aka..WeirdBill
rangerbob
Occasional

Post by rangerbob »

street parking with metered parking until 8 pm. also a few municipal lots exist a few blocks away from the theater. free parking is very hard to find in the area due to it mostly being permit parking for residents only. i belong to this theater as a member since weird al played there around 2002. this will be the 3rd time im going to see weird al play there. im in the 1st row of the pit being a member i got a presale. i also have 1 extra ticket in the 3rd row which is row a in the theater if you have any friends coming.
WeirdBillWX
Occasional

Post by WeirdBillWX »

rangerbob wrote:street parking with metered parking until 8 pm. also a few municipal lots exist a few blocks away from the theater. free parking is very hard to find in the area due to it mostly being permit parking for residents only. i belong to this theater as a member since weird al played there around 2002. this will be the 3rd time im going to see weird al play there. im in the 1st row of the pit being a member i got a presale. i also have 1 extra ticket in the 3rd row which is row a in the theater if you have any friends coming.
Thanks for the heads up on the area. :) I was checking some info about downtown Morristown and there's mention of the parking meters until 8 pm - except Sundays. Do they allow free parking on Sundays - or are the metered spaces not available? (I did notice there's several parking garages around and I don't mind walking a few blocks. We would probably get a snack before the show at a local place anyway.)
-Bill
rangerbob
Occasional

Post by rangerbob »

sundays are free all day which is the day of the show so your safe. the area fills up so get there early.
WeirdBillWX
Occasional

Post by WeirdBillWX »

So, considering this show is sold out (although a few seats pop up now and then on the Arts Center site), who else is going?

-Bill
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

Turns out I'm not going away next week after all...

Does anyone have a big enough coat I can hide under? :D
rangerbob
Occasional

Post by rangerbob »

hi everyone i had posted i had an extra ticket months ago but my friend flew up from florida to claim it. it will be good to see her too lol.

also another friend really wants to go tonight so if anyone has an extra ticket anyplace in the building let me know. she told me if i can let her know by 3 pm today she'll make it. if not not to worry about it. this one is a solid sell out and not a single is to be had at the mayo arts box office.

anyway this is my 16TH AND FINAL SHOW of this tour since opening night on may 12 in Vegas so it will be kind of an emotional night for me seeing al for the last time. (THIS TOUR NOT FOREVER LOL)

see you all later to my friends who are going and if you have an extra ticket please email me here or if you know me on facebook-.

Bob
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

You should have gone to many more, 16 is a measly, stupid number. I don't know how you could get emotional after 16 shows on one tour. Joking of course, must be pretty darn fulfilling! Does that mean you got like 16 posters signed, all the same? And what other items did you choose to get signed just out of curiosity?
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
rangerbob
Occasional

Post by rangerbob »

i didnt do the czar package 16 times more like 10 lol. but yes i got a lot of signed stuff some of which i have given to friends who cant afford to go to the shows. i take care of my weird al friends ive gotten to know over the years. ive already given away 3 of the signed posters and 1 unsigned. This has been a great and fun tour. tonight there are no packages for sale its just a regular show so waiting by the bus is the way for those looking to meet him tonight is a good chance.

items i got signed were some tickets, some of the vip passes that came with the czar, a mad magazine, 1 magazine from las vegas with al on the magazine. no tatoos yet. thats reserved for another friend of mine who has some amazing tatoos of al.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I got a poster from Bob and I love it so much. Thanks again

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ