Mandatory Czar Experience

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Nessie
Occasional

Re: Mandatory Czar Experience

Post by Nessie »

Here's something I'm trying to figure out.

I went to the show with my husband and daughter. When we arrived at the VIP party, there were about a dozen people ahead of us in the line to check in, including the sister of one of my daughter's friends, who was there with a friend (I'll call them Ann and Sue). The two of them had the VIP package but not the Czar experience. I know this because they showed me their tickets and they were VIP, not Czar, plus when they checked in, they were given the poster, which you only receive at the party if you have VIP and not Czar. When we arrived at the theater, we saw Ann and Sue in their seats, which were not in the Czar section.

Imagine my surprise when the next day I see on Instagram a pic of Ann and Sue with Al, with them both wearing the orange Czar stickers we were given at check in. I cannot figure out how they got the stickers and the pic with Al, because they surely did not purchase the Czar package.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Nessie wrote:Here's something I'm trying to figure out.

I went to the show with my husband and daughter. When we arrived at the VIP party, there were about a dozen people ahead of us in the line to check in, including the sister of one of my daughter's friends, who was there with a friend (I'll call them Ann and Sue). The two of them had the VIP package but not the Czar experience. I know this because they showed me their tickets and they were VIP, not Czar, plus when they checked in, they were given the poster, which you only receive at the party if you have VIP and not Czar. When we arrived at the theater, we saw Ann and Sue in their seats, which were not in the Czar section.

Imagine my surprise when the next day I see on Instagram a pic of Ann and Sue with Al, with them both wearing the orange Czar stickers we were given at check in. I cannot figure out how they got the stickers and the pic with Al, because they surely did not purchase the Czar package.
My guess is that if someone who purchased the Czar tickets doesn't show up, the venue might give them to someone else. I think I recall hearing that happen on at least one occasion.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
rangerbob
Occasional

Post by rangerbob »

connections count for something and lots of people know people in the band. life isnt always fair just accept it and move on. i dont get sore if someone got something for free i paid for. sure id be pissed but as long as i got what i paid for i accept it.
Nessie
Occasional

Post by Nessie »

rangerbob wrote:connections count for something and lots of people know people in the band. life isnt always fair just accept it and move on. i dont get sore if someone got something for free i paid for. sure id be pissed but as long as i got what i paid for i accept it.
I know these two had no connections to either the band or the venue, and in fact, they hadn't even planned on going to the concert until a few hours before when Ann's aunt gave them two tickets she couldn't use.

I am neither sore nor pissed, just curious as to how this happened, since we are also pretty sure that they were not in the group of Czar people who were left in the theatre after they shooed everyone out. Once the lights were up after the show and we could see the other people in the Czar group, we were curious if we knew anyone else there doing the Czar experience, and these two were not there at that time.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Ask your daughter to ask her friend to ask her sister how that happened.
Nessie
Occasional

Post by Nessie »

mellow weasel wrote:Ask your daughter to ask her friend to ask her sister how that happened.
You would think that would work, but the two sisters are not speaking to each other (haven't been speaking for a couple of years).
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Well that is just a big bowl of wrong. :cop:
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Bozarth
Occasional

Post by Bozarth »

Have any of you gone from the Czar m&g to the bus line to get an additional item signed?
6/8/15 - Lancaster, PA
7/31/15 - Philadelphia, PA - w/ M&G
8/30/16 - Wilmington, DE
10/30/16 - Washington DC - UHF Live Commentary by Al & Emo
3/16/18 - Atlantic City, NJ
3/18/18 - Lancaster, PA
7/12/19 - Philadelphia, PA w/ M&G
grissomisms
Occasional

Post by grissomisms »

Bozarth wrote:Have any of you gone from the Czar m&g to the bus line to get an additional item signed?
I did. It was awful.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

I decided not to clog official topic, so I'll ask here:
grissomisms wrote: I've never left a Weird Al concert crying and inconsolable before that concert this past thursday, and it was ENTIRELY on that MOP guy.
What exactly did he do? :oo