Why doesn't Al follow fans back on Twitter?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: Why doesn't Al follow fans back on Twitter?

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I took over running a fan page, and before I was there, they did a follow back if the person asked. Now, I have to slowly go through and unfollow all these people, because they don't even care about our page, just saying that we followed them. If I try to find info on the show I run the page for, it takes forever because my timeline is just people talking about random crap. I highly doubt that 80% of pop stars follow back, and I wouldn't expect them to. Just face the fact that Al doesn't follow back, because it is not really a big deal.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
offbeatbryce
Occasional

Post by offbeatbryce »

TMBJon wrote:
offbeatbryce wrote:Exactly 80 percent of pop artists follow their fans back.
I would love to know where that exact statistic came from.
offbeatbryce wrote:Britney Spears even follows me and she gets spammed daily in her mentions for people to follow her and she follows back. Ariana Grande follows 80,000 of her fans back.
Yeah and guess what? Neither of them actually uses Twitter or reads tweets by people that they follow!
Actually they do use their twitter. I know several fans who have met both who can recite actual conversations they had with their fans via DM
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

"I'm Brandon. I get college credit as an intern for Republic Records, where I'm in charge of running Ariana Grande's Twitter account. Just paying my dues until my rap career gets off the ground!"
TonyBanks74
Occasional

Post by TonyBanks74 »

hahaha :lol:
Where did you find that Anthony?
Extended warranty? How can I lose?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

As pathetic as this sounds, I do know for sure Arianna Grand runs her own account. She may have someone else watching it too, but she is active

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
offbeatbryce
Occasional

Post by offbeatbryce »

It's obvious lots of verified accounts follow their followers back. I personally know people from American idol that have finished in 3rd or 5th place who are signed to universal or Sony and they follow me and they tweet stuff like "RT this and I will follow you." And they follow all 300 who RTd that tweet.
IFoundMyYankochicks
Die-hard Fan

Post by IFoundMyYankochicks »

Al is his own person, he doesn't have to be like other celebrities. If I was famous I wouldn't follow almost 5 million people, they probably wouldn't have alot to say and my twitter feed would be full of random junk. Also, I rarely see people follow back their fans. The only people that do that are annoying Vine stars looking for attention and for more people to follow them.
Concerts Attended: The Masonic (San Fransisco) 8/29/15

Al is our supreme lord
aLuMiNaTi
offbeatbryce
Occasional

Post by offbeatbryce »

IFoundMyYankochicks wrote:Al is his own person, he doesn't have to be like other celebrities. If I was famous I wouldn't follow almost 5 million people, they probably wouldn't have alot to say and my twitter feed would be full of random junk. Also, I rarely see people follow back their fans. The only people that do that are annoying Vine stars looking for attention and for more people to follow them.
Go check out lady gaga, George Lopez, and all the American idols from last year. They follow 1,000 plus fans and they personally use their Twitter accounts. Tony hawk does the same thing including Janet Jackson. I could list 400 celebs that do. Just search famous people and you will see what I mean. George Lopez even follows me and DMed me once with a personal video.
IFoundMyYankochicks
Die-hard Fan

Post by IFoundMyYankochicks »

Al is his own person, he doesn't have to be like other celebrities.
Concerts Attended: The Masonic (San Fransisco) 8/29/15

Al is our supreme lord
aLuMiNaTi
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

offbeatbryce wrote:they tweet stuff like "RT this and I will follow you." And they follow all 300 who RTd that tweet.
That is a shameless advertizing and it's rather tacky. I see no apeal to be followed like that, because the follower probably didn't even read my username and will never read a single post I made. I respect Al for not trying to appear "cool" and just following people he actually gives a fudge about.