6/16/15 Bethlehem, PA Sands Bethlehem Event Center

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

SmadaNave
Occasional

Re: 6/16/15 Bethlehem, PA Sands Bethlehem Event Center

Post by SmadaNave »

Well, I hope I can be able to make it to tonight's concert. If my ride bails out on me today (getting confirmation in three hours), I was wondering if any of you could possibly be my ride. I haven't seen a Weird Al show since 2003 and I'd be extremely grateful to meet one of you in person and actually develop a friendship with a few of you on here. I only have about an hour's worth of time on here today, so I'm not trying to be pushy, I'm just trying to asking for a way to get there in the most mature manner without worrying about the asking-on-such-short-notice way I'm going about this.
I've done things that'd probably make you lose your brain
'Cause I could surely act the same... THAT'S MY DISGUISE!
mybologna
Regular

Post by mybologna »

GUESS WHO'S GONNA BE THERE TONIGHT :D
Last edited by mybologna on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

mybologna wrote:GUESS WHO'S GONNA BE THERE TONIGHT :DDDD
Al?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
mybologna
Regular

Post by mybologna »

minnick27 wrote:
mybologna wrote:GUESS WHO'S GONNA BE THERE TONIGHT :DDDD
Al?

Yes
Also myself :D
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

I was thinking it was going to be the creator of this topic...
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Can't wait! :tacky: :tacky: :tacky:
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
TonyBanks74
Occasional

Post by TonyBanks74 »

Elvis wrote:You're both right. The buses were out in the open, but also behind fences, or really, they were fenced off behind barricades. Al came out, then venue security let everyone through the barricades to line up at the bus, and Al did a bus greet.

Dave
Does he often do a bus greet even after the "official" Meet & Greet?
Extended warranty? How can I lose?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

This is a new thing, but it seems he is doing it just as often as before. But there are no posed pictures anymore

Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Alright, here is my brief review of tonight's show. Started just past 8, Tacky entrance was hilarious. I noticed that throughout the show, Al and the band were getting on stage later than they usually do, especially for DTBS, in which Al made it to his mark less than a second before the lights came up. In FWP, rather than entering through the back and stumbling down, Al started off standing next to Jim. Foil got a great reaction from the crowd.

Wanna B Ur Lovr was very interesting tonight. First of all, I came to the conclusion that Al's dressing room was a little further back then usual shows, as when he came out for WBUL, he did not have his hair pulled back in a pony tail, nor was his jacket buttoned all the way, so as he was walking down, he was still buttoning up his suit. At one point, he took a girl from her seat, and made her walk a short way with him, then she just kind of went back to her seat. The biggest thing that happened during the song was near the end, when he is singing the falsetto parts, he motioned to a girl in the front to come up to the stage so he could sing to her. A security guard (who had obviously not seen Al motion) swiftly came over and told her she was not to approach the stage, as soon as she started walking back, Al frantically motioned again for her to come back. She did, and again, the guard came over and told her to sit down. Once more, Al motioned for her, looking a bit flustered, and as the security started to walk over again, he started motioning for them to back off. Whew, what a number!

Not much was different in the set other than that. After the show, a bunch of people waited by the bus. I figured there wouldn't be a meet and greet because more and more people kept showing up. I saw Dave at the end of the line, but didn't have the courage to introduce myself (If you are reading this...HI!) There was a lot of pointing done by the staff, trying to figure out where the line would go. They eventually figured it out, and said that you could get 1 thing signed and no posed pictures. You could, however, take pictures while he was signing (although, there was a staff member standing in front of the bus door who kept reaching across and blocking everyones pictures :P) Luckily, mine turned out okay! I told Al that the Jams World shirt I was wearing took me almost 2 years to find. He said "But you got it! I am jealous!" I laughed, because he has the same exact one. Awesome show, as always!

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention was during Yoda, he said "Alright, now just the camera guy!". The camera guy was filming the audience and didn't hear Al, so Al just stood there with the mic, and just kept saying "Cameraman, I am talking to you. Turn around". When he finally turned around, Al asked if he knew the words, which he didn't. "You don't know them? It's just Yoda...yo-yo-yo-yo-Yoda..." and the camera guy basically just started mumbling "Yo yo yo yo yo yo". Had me in stitches!!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Muppetboy09 wrote:The biggest thing that happened during the song was near the end, when he is singing the falsetto parts, he motioned to a girl in the front to come up to the stage so he could sing to her. A security guard (who had obviously not seen Al motion) swiftly came over and told her she was not to approach the stage, as soon as she started walking back, Al frantically motioned again for her to come back. She did, and again, the guard came over and told her to sit down. Once more, Al motioned for her, looking a bit flustered, and as the security started to walk over again, he started motioning for them to back off.
What an intense dramma! The girl must have gone through real emotional roller-coaster there :wacko:

Cameraman interaction sounds hilarious :lol: