6/12/15 Vienna, VA Filene Center at Wolf Trap

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Alinite27
Off The Deep End

6/12/15 Vienna, VA Filene Center at Wolf Trap

Post by Alinite27 »

I had already been looking at this venue, since it was leaked early on those artist sites. This is a beautiful venue, a national park! Looking forward to it. Probably will catch this one from the back.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: 6/12/15 Vienna, VA Filene Center at Wolf Trap

Post by Elvis »

Couldn't get tickets on the presale for this one. Tried multiple times. Anyone know when this one goes on regular sale? There's nothing at the website calendar for June.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

A bit further back than I wanted, but I'm not a member so I couldn't buy before today, and I forgot to check until 11:00 a.m. Nothing anywhere in the orchestra or rear center. Oh well, I guess that means this one might be getting close to being sold out.

R-ORCH, Row LL !

Dave
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Hey, so I unexpectedly ran into another moderator at this show! (HI ANTH! :w)

Very cool venue. And by cool, I mean hotter than hell because it was an outside venue. The seats were covered and there were several lawn areas. The place was sold out. Holds about 7000 total, which only 4200 is seated. The rest are on the lawn. And the lawn was packed. Even the sections of the lawn where you couldn't see the stage were packed. But, no really, it was a nice place.

Bob joined Jackie and I for dinner at the onsite restaurant before the show, and the food there is really good. They had fried chicken and sliders and salmon and lots of other stuff. A bit higher quality stuff than you would expect to find at a venue. It was the same place the VIP preshow stuff was held, so they were still tearing down as we were arriving. Which was cool, as I got to see some of the stuff reserved for VIP pass holders.

We had seats for the concert, but our seats were really far back, we might as well have been on the lawn. Actually it wasn't that bad, though I wish I was closer. We had a nice view of the stage and the sound was great. Plus it was really cool seeing everyone in front waving their hands during AP and holding up cell phones. Bob got to sing "Yoda" again. Great crowd tonight. No foil hats. :foil:

Al came in from the side during "Tacky" and from where we were sitting, we could see him outside the venue walking up the hill. He had on some kind of rainbow feather boa thing for PTW. It was still light out when the show started, so it was kind of cool to see the early songs in a slightly different setting. There was one minor glitch where his microphone went out for a word or two during CI, but overall very good show. Everyone sitting around me was having a good time.

After the show, we met up again with Bob, but we were unable to get near where the buses were, and after waiting for a while, they cleared the area. On the way out, I separately ran into two WOWAY members, Crazy Weird Al Lady, and the WOWAY Award winning Best Moderator, anthontherun! So now I've met and have pictures with the entire moderating team -- except WHiZZi! (and Driew, but no one remembers about him anyway).

Dave
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

While I sadly didn't get to meet Al yet (third time's the charm!), I have to say, running into Dave and Jackie on the way out was an awesome surprise that nearly made up for it. I've officially popped my "meeting a WOWAY member" cherry! That awkward moment where you recognize someone's beard from behind, haha.

I was sitting all the way in the back, which is odd because I could've sworn I bought my tickets a day or two after they went on sale to the general public. There were moments where a cool breeze kicked in but for the most part, yeah, it was overly warm for a concert. But the audience still brought the energy. I did see some foil hats after the show, and I got a bunch of compliments on my UHF shirt. In my determination to find the bus I missed out on the merchandise table so I might have to order the Mad shirt and one of the official tour shirts on the Mothership soon.

All in all, an awesome night--great to meet you, Dave and Jackie!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Wow, where did you get that UHF shirt? I want badly!! :inlove: :devil:
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

~Allison
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Yankomaniac wrote:Wow, where did you get that UHF shirt? I want badly!! :inlove: :devil:
http://www.bustedtees.com/uhf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still want the vintage one Adam wore on The Goldbergs, but $10 > $156.99 (in terms of, like, having to pay for something, not actual math, just to clear that up)
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Nice pics :) !
Does Al towel AT ALL? :? He looks like he jumped out of shower and put his clothes on right away :lol: . Not that I mind...
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Those are some high quality pics. Very nice!