6/8/15 Lancaster, PA American Music Theatre

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Bozarth
Occasional

Re: 6/8/15 Lancaster, PA American Music Theatre

Post by Bozarth »

Tonight! Due to the impending rain, I have to leave my red suit at home. Definitely bringing an umbrella for post-show bus shenanigans.
6/8/15 - Lancaster, PA
7/31/15 - Philadelphia, PA - w/ M&G
8/30/16 - Wilmington, DE
10/30/16 - Washington DC - UHF Live Commentary by Al & Emo
3/16/18 - Atlantic City, NJ
3/18/18 - Lancaster, PA
7/12/19 - Philadelphia, PA w/ M&G
Bozarth
Occasional

Post by Bozarth »

What a killer show that was! There were ALOT of people waiting for Al last night by the bus, and he signed for every single one of us. I'll post pictures this afternoon
6/8/15 - Lancaster, PA
8/30/16 - Wilmington, DE
3/18/18 - Lancaster, PA
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Worst show I've ever been to. I sat behind what I can only assume is a Sasquatch so to see Al I had to lean right and to see the screen I had to lean left. I didn't see jim at all. The performance was great as always and it was nice seeing all my friends. I didn't stick around for the meet because Eva was miserable with the rain. Can't wait to do it all again next month!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, Mike. It's always the worst when you get stuck behind somebody like that.
Bozarth
Occasional

Post by Bozarth »

That's a shame. I got lucky in that regard since two little kids had the seats in front of me. Usually I get stuck behind the giants
6/8/15 - Lancaster, PA
8/30/16 - Wilmington, DE
3/18/18 - Lancaster, PA
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

It was a good show, but holy cow, did it pour before the show! And then I ran through a deep puddle so my sandals were wet all night! And I didn't want to take my little shoosey-whooseys off during the concert to dry out me feet or people might start throwing up like Baby Boolie.

Preshow meetup with Jeremy, then had dinner with Mary, Mike, Eva, Anne, Adrian, Jackie and friends at Good N Plenty, which was uncharacteristically empty. Then we left just as the monsoon started, took a tour of the parking lot, which was full, then ended up parking at the shopping mall next door. We ran through the rain and through a covered bridge (hey, it's Amish country! :amish:) and into the venue by which time I was soaked.

I got changed into my show costume. I came as eBay and I'm sure there are pictures of me floating around somewhere. Got some good positive feedback (A++ they all say) so I may wear it again at a future show.

Met up with Bob for a quick hello in the lobby, then went to our Row M seats, which were actually better than I thought.

For "Tacky" Al walked from the buses through the rain and into the venue, where he trashed the snack bar, and said hello to an Amish balloon Al. The crowd was super enthusiastic tonight and it was a good show. There was a minor glitch with the video screen during the medley, but it was fixed quickly. Again Al paid special attention to a female CPFOA during WBUL. And of course, the big hit of the night was "Amish Paradise."

As stated there was a ton of people waiting by the buses. We were told that Al would not come out until the people who owned the three cars that were blocking the buses and equipment trucks moved their cars. We kept insisting that if the owners of the cars were in the group of people waiting by the buses then they would have been moved by now. And what do you know, they ended up belonging to either venue staff, Mandatory Czar people, or someone else inside. To pass the time, we chatted with a local who shared her stories of how she meets and hangs out with celebrities.

The cars were eventually moved and there was a big production made about forming a line, we were told one item signed, no pictures, and no substitutions From there it was very assembly-line, where you handed to . I don't think Al even looked up to see we were there.

It rained hard all the way home, but I literally (I'm using that word correctly) followed a truck for an hour which helped. I was disappointed when I had to turn off and he continued straight, because he was going a perfect speed that I could follow at a safe distance and was a big thing I could focus on when it was raining too hard to see the lines on the road. And yes, I listened to "Truck Drivin' Song" at least once during the ride.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Bozarth
Occasional

Post by Bozarth »

The hour and a half drive home through the rain was awful. They need more reflectors or lights by major roads
6/8/15 - Lancaster, PA
8/30/16 - Wilmington, DE
3/18/18 - Lancaster, PA
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

My feet were still wet from that run to the theater when we got back home at 2:30am. :z

I'm still going through my pix from last night, though I'm pretty happy with them.

Sample:

More to come. This was my first Mandatory show and I am a big fan of the new setlist. The Tacky entrance was tremendous. :tacky:

Adrian
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

The tacky video may or may not be on YouTube with the show date and location in the title. It also may or may not be on my channel

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
WeirdMary0427
Obsessed

Post by WeirdMary0427 »

I made a video about my concert experience with some footage from the day :)
(I've been trying to put more content on my YouTube channel, so I took this as an opportunity to vlog)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdom3whd_Tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;