Wanna B Ur Lovr

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Wanna B Ur Lovr

Post by Kevbo1987 »

That's a really good point. I've never seen anybody cross the line at any of the concerts I've attended. I guess I'll chalk it up to Al's fan base being very respectful and polite. Al's hardcore fans seem to be especially respectful, and they seem to have a clear idea of what the appropriate boundaries are. Even if someone did behave inappropriately, I have a feeling it would take a lot for Al to change his performance.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Kevbo1987 wrote:Even if someone did behave inappropriately, I have a feeling it would take a lot for Al to change his performance.
A single incident wouldn't have much impact, but if he had some random women rubbing his butt or something every time he performs it, he might think twice :lol:
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

It's pretty rare for inappropriate behavior at an Al concert. While there is always potential for a few bad apples to show up at any time, Al doesn't really attract that kind of audience. I only remember a handful of incidents off hand. When Al used to do "Bedrock Anthem" in full, someone tried to take the checkered outfit once he pulled it off and it landed close to the edge of the stage. Someone in Al's crew got it back quickly, and I think the fan was allowed to stay. Also, I remember seeing a fan or two jump up on stage. Again, someone in Al's crew handled it and the fans were removed from the venue. I don't remember too many incidents happening when Al went in the audience. The only ones I kind of recall was when someone stole his fork in OMM (crew member got it back), and also I think during OMM when he was walking up the aisle and someone approached him so aggressively that Al's crew and the venue staff had to step in between.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Kevbo1987 wrote:Even if someone did behave inappropriately, I have a feeling it would take a lot for Al to change his performance.
Challenge accepted! |)
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Wbul is not the only adult themed song... in fact he's never been that innocent... think of the gas pump line in one more minute... such a groovy guy frome the first album... just to name a couple
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I love how morbid Al can be in some tracks. One thing about the music is when your hearing any track for the first time it is always so unpredictable. Most bands have their own style and what not, and so do Al and the guys but still its just in Al's nature to bring any twist to a song he can and it never takes away from what he's always done. It's a very beautiful thing!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Yankomaniac wrote:I love how morbid Al can be in some tracks. One thing about the music is when your hearing any track for the first time it is always so unpredictable. Most bands have their own style and what not, and so do Al and the guys but still its just in Al's nature to bring any twist to a song he can and it never takes away from what he's always done. It's a very beautiful thing!
Yes, he's both very unpredictable and very predictable at a same time :lol: , both in a good way :)
TonyBanks74
Occasional

Post by TonyBanks74 »

I listened to this song for the first time in my life today. It's hilarious! :great:
Never heard the expression "You must be Jamaican, because "jamaican" me crazy" before! :lol:
Extended warranty? How can I lose?
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

joseyklein wrote:Wbul is not the only adult themed song... in fact he's never been that innocent... think of the gas pump line in one more minute... such a groovy guy frome the first album... just to name a couple
Perfect demonstrating of the Trope "Getting Crap Past the Radar."

Love this song, especially since I am a huge Beck fan (the style parody). :inlove: :* :wub: Rawr.
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.