Vinyl Record Scarcity

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Vinyl Record Scarcity

Post by Yankomaniac »

New record/cd location opened up where I live and I found an Even Worse for 18 bucks. Just need WAY, Polka Party and UHF on vinyl! Only trying to collect the 80's albums on vinyl. Found DTBS and In 3-D at the same guys other location back in 2013, they were only 10 bucks, mint condish.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

I've never had a record player or a record before, but I just ordered Mandatory Fun on record for Al to sign. I'm debating on wither or not I wanna order (on ebay) DTBS, because it's my 2nd fav album, (MF being 2nd, and RWS being first) But I dunno that a signature would go well, It might blend in with the blackness of the background.

....Has anyone gotten DTBS LP signed before?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Its color is why it is one of the worst ones to pick to get signed. However, the DTBS vinyl has a one of the best band shots, if not the best included in it and I've often thought of getting them to sign that 'cause it would look absolutely amazing but personally, I just don't want to carry a record to the show with me, they can be a pain. So I usually just stick to the cds and cassettes since I can just stick them in my leather jacket or pants pocket.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
LovelySortsOfDeath
Occasional

Post by LovelySortsOfDeath »

Some people might like to know that there's currently an opportunity to obtain 4 of the rare and out of print Dr. Demento's Basement Tapes compilations (which contain Weird Al rarities) as a part of this Kickstarter to bring the Dr. Demento favorite artist Logan Whitehurst to vinyl.