Are you ever afraid of getting too crazy as a fan?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

alsfan

Are you ever afraid of getting too crazy as a fan?

Post by alsfan »

I was reading that there are different stages of being a fan. There is 3 levels to it.

1) Social/entertainment
2) Intense Personal
3) Borderline Pathological

I am guessing most of you are in the first category because of your time spent here enjoying the company of each other. Do any of you consider yourselves to be in the second category? or even the third? I mean do you ever like...obsessively try to get AL and Suzanne to join your for lunch sometime? lol I don't know

Do you ever like fight the urge to like..for example spend a lot of money to attend a concert/meet him because you are AFRAID that's pathological? Do you ever spend too much time on fan art or think you do? Do you ever worry you are obsessed?

For YOU, what would be crossing the line and have your ever caught yourself doing it and had to pull yourself back?
I am severely learning disabled, This tends to trigger a bullying instinct. Please resist the urge to point out spelling grammar errors or twist my words so you can look good/smart/witty to other people. Be kind.
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Re: Are you ever afraid of getting too crazy as a fan?

Post by tomatochives »

Let me give you my therapist's number... :lol: :wacko:
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

I am going to meet Al this summer and I am terrified I'm going to come off as a crazy fan. (...and a tiny part of me wants to say something creepy for the fun of it, such as, "Don't worry Al, I've never been a choking hazard before either." But I wouldn't actually do that!)
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

alsfan wrote:For YOU, what would be crossing the line and have your ever caught yourself doing it and had to pull yourself back?
The line that I try not to cross is that I don't discuss every major thing Al does with my friends or family, although sometimes I want to, because they don't care about him and I don't want to look obsessed. Even when I do, I only state facts, like "Weird Al is releasing new album, I'm really looking forward to it", and never ramble about how awesome I think he is and how much I like him. I guess many people would consider that completely normal thing, but I find excessive fangirling embarrassing and distasteful. Another reason I don't talk about him is because I start blushing - and it's not just Al, it always happens when I talk about something that I like more than I want to admit. For example I told my mom about Al's "cornea falling out" scare, because it's a funny anecdote - I didn't even mention his name, but I was blushing all the time. Luckily she either didn't notice or didn't care :D.
Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Post by Yup. »

I'm seen by some of my non-Al-fan friends and certain Al-fan friends of mine as that one fan who never shuts up about him. That should be enough to explain it. :gaga:
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

In 3rd grade, one of my best friends stopped talking to me for a week because I wouldn't shut up about how awesome Bad Hair Day was.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I'm not in danger of going crazy at all.

Because I got the message, man. I played Eat It backwards, man. And I know we're all gonna eat it when the snakes rise up, man. And it's because of Al, man. Weird Al rules, man!

But I'm not crazy :foil:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

Al's security team should probably keep an eye on this thread.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

avesjohn wrote:Al's security team should probably keep an eye on this thread.
As far as nobody is planning to devour Al's brain to gain Al powers, it's all good, nothing to be concerned about :great:
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

mellow weasel wrote: As far as nobody is planning to devour Al's brain to gain Al powers, it's all good, nothing to be concerned about :great:

We can do that?!? Er...I mean, nothing to see here...... :lookaround:

:P
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?