Al on CONAN [TBS]

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

The Sporkman
Addicted

Re: Al on CONAN [TBS] Tonight (6/29/2011)

Post by The Sporkman »

Do you think Al will be showing one of the music videos on Conan? We know he's debuting one on The View. Maybe he's actually doing eight straight days of TV interviews, and each video will premier on a different show.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Call me a cynic, but there's no way in hell Al would be able to orchestrate something like that.
And Peggy
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

As awesome as it would be, i highly doubt it
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

The Sporkman wrote:Do you think Al will be showing one of the music videos on Conan? We know he's debuting one on The View. Maybe he's actually doing eight straight days of TV interviews, and each video will premier on a different show.

I watch Conan a lot. I've never seen him show a premier of a music video on his show ever. So, I don't think it's likely. And as much as I'd like your hypothesis to be true, I don't think that's likely either.

My hope is that he'll have the lead interview segment and then perform a song from the album at the end of the show. Probably one of the originals or the polka.

And hopefully along with CoCo, he'll get booked on Fallon and Kimmel.
CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Post by CharlesNelson »

Bruce the Duck wrote:My hope is that he'll have the lead interview segment and then perform a song from the album at the end of the show. Probably one of the originals or the polka.
The page says Jason Segel and Cameron Diaz are also going to be on, probably promoting their movie "Sex Tape" together, which will probably be the main interview, and some guy named Matt Walsh. Al is more important than whoever that is, so maybe he can be the other interview after either debuting a new video or performing one of the new songs.

I don't see why a new video can't debut on Conan just because he's never done that sort of thing in the past! Conan never had someone sing made-up lyrics to his show's theme song before Al did either. They're good friends, Al and Conan, so I can see it happening.
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

CharlesNelson wrote:
Bruce the Duck wrote:My hope is that he'll have the lead interview segment and then perform a song from the album at the end of the show. Probably one of the originals or the polka.
Al is more important than whoever that is, so maybe he can be the other interview after either debuting a new video or performing one of the new songs.
If there's a performance it will be the last thing in the show. I'd guess that if CoCo already has three guests, then Al might just be the musical guest and be at the end of the show, and possibly in a comedy bit with Conan at the beginning of the show.
I don't see why a new video can't debut on Conan just because he's never done that sort of thing in the past! Conan never had someone sing made-up lyrics to his show's theme song before Al did either.
Precedent. Conan's not going to spend time on his show showing a music video that we can watch on YouTube. He might show a clip, but that's it.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

CharlesNelson wrote:some guy named Matt Walsh. Al is more important than whoever that is
:lol:
One of the founding members of Upright Citizens Brigade, and likely to be nominated for an Emmy this year for his role in Veep.

The good news is, if those other guests are already booked, it almost guarantees that Al will be the musical guest!!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Al on CONAN [TBS], July 17, 2014

Post by Killingsworth »

As much as I'd like to see Conan conduct an actual interview w/Al (he is quite the talented and engaging interviewer after all) I can't wait to see what song he will perform!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

TMBJon wrote:
CharlesNelson wrote:some guy named Matt Walsh. Al is more important than whoever that is
:lol:
One of the founding members of Upright Citizens Brigade, and likely to be nominated for an Emmy this year for his role in Veep.
Faith in humanity: restored.
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Re: Al on CONAN [TBS], July 17, 2014

Post by Alinite27 »

Jim still has a concert for Gilroy, CA scheduled for this date in his latest newsletter. So, if Al is performing on this show, Jim either doesn't know or Al is doing it without him. My guess would be he's doing some segment on Conan, but not performing.