Is a Deluxe Edition coming?

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Is a Deluxe Edition coming?

Post by Big Spoon »

Hey Jon,

Would love to pre-order the album and add to it's #1 status on Amazon, but am curious if another, more "delux" version of the album is also going to be available within the next few weeks. So is there? (If you can even say, of course.)
And Peggy
bermuda
Be jealous.

Re: Is a Deluxe Edition coming?

Post by bermuda »

Not that I know of.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Cool. Off to preorder!
And Peggy
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

That would be pretty strange if there was absolutely no CD/DVD release for this album. I find it kinda hard to believe that Al would want to just stop doing those after the last two albums included them and sold so well or that all those videos Al was supposedly shooting (except for the lead single at the moment) aren't getting some kind of a physical release.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

We're all already pretty sure that Al has made at least a couple videos for this album, so I'm kinda standing on the idea (which was posted in another topic, can't remember which right now) that Al is trying to get the album out as soon as possible and so maybe having the videos on a DVD included would take more time to release it. My best guess is they are going to stick it on a separate DVD or Blu-ray to sell later.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I always thought that with albums like Alpocalypse and SOL they would be working on the DVD releases concurrently to the regular audio CD so that they would both be able to be released at the same time and not one after the other, but I'd still be down to buy another separate DVD or Blu-Ray release just to have something else to play the videos on besides the web/Youtube.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I still havent bought the Alpocalypse dvd!!
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ