Phony Calls

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: Phony Calls

Post by Big Spoon »

What exactly does Moe say when he first answers the phone in the section of the song sampled from Blood Feud? I've never been able to fully understand him. I can get "Moe's Tavern," but after that I get completely lost.
And Peggy
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I think it's "Moe's Tavern, where the elite meet to drink," but I could be wrong.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Ah, thanks, Kevbo! I can definitely hear that now. I had always heard something along the lines of, "Moe's Tavern, whata ya leet, pizza treat?" But even as a kid knew that couldn't be the real line.
And Peggy
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Would have been cool to hear beavis and butthead in that.
. Would you put the phone on your butt? Huh huh lol

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

There was an old radio show called Duffys Tavern and they would answer the phone "Duffys Tavern, where the elite meet to eat to drink" I always assumed it was an homage to that
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

I love his voice and lyrical creativity on this song! It's freaking hilarious!

I've always wanted to make a crank phone call, but of course in the age of caller ID and how I've dealt with dinguses calling me excessively, it's not super funny.
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

We used to make them all the time. The Chinese restaurant in town as a kid had an easy phone number to remember so they were our biggest target. Pretty damn sure we called the local bar a few times though, Duffy's!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Once in 4th grade, a bunch of kids were having a party that I wasn't invited to and they decided to prank call me. After the call was done, I hung up and must've looked upset because my mom asked what happened. When I told her, she got so mad that she called the parents and complained. That led to every kid passing the phone around saying "sorry" in a less than sincere way. I didn't ask for that to happen, but there's no question it made things worse at school. I ended up having to switch to a private school because of excessive bullying. Don't go makin' phony calls. Only dial the seven digit numbers you're used to.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.