The MIA Demos (updated 10/9/12)

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: The MIA Demos (updated 10/9/12)

Post by minnick27 »

Big Spoon wrote:
Mad Genius wrote:and the studio demo of It's Still Billy Joel to Me (as it's a favorite of mine).
:blink: But... it's not about real estate.
Or swimming
TheLazenby
Addicted

Post by TheLazenby »

You know what's kind of ironic, since it was so elusive?

"Orgy In My Own" is a damn funny song. I mean, the lyrics are well written, and they're actually quite clever. If he wasn't so worried about the 'family friendly' status, Al could've turned that into a great album track.
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

TheLazenby wrote:You know what's kind of ironic, since it was so elusive?

"Orgy In My Own" is a damn funny song. I mean, the lyrics are well written, and they're actually quite clever. If he wasn't so worried about the 'family friendly' status, Al could've turned that into a great album track.
Dr. D was asked by a friend of mine to play the Keyboard version of Orgy On My Own w/Damaskas on keyboards, and Dr D said he remembered it being not that funny.

I fail to see how one could not find that song funny. :hamsters:
TheLazenby
Addicted

Post by TheLazenby »

"Orgy" is a great example - along with "Never Met A Person..." and "American Slob" - of just how incredibly talented Al was as a songwriter early on. He had a very intelligent style that we never really heard on albums.

I honestly think, though, from what I've heard of Al's opinions on his early work and people hearing his early work, that Al might firmly put a stop to Dr. D *EVER* playing a version of "Orgy On My Own." I just got the feeling a certain weird fellow was quite unhappy about that suddenly appearing on YouTube.
lestatkatt
Occasional

Post by lestatkatt »

That verion of Pico & Sepulveda mentioned earlier in this thead was broadcast Live on Dr D June 15, 1980, the same show that gave up the Live in-studio solo performance of Won't Eat Prunes Again & You Light Up My Life (aka Punk Version). Yep, AL was in rare form that night. It's available to stream on the Dr D website too.

Facts are fun........
kidsongs2

Post by kidsongs2 »

has any more of the mia demos bern found? also has anyone started a burgeropolous of concert only songs? thanks