The Hollywood Offramp

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Re: The Hollywood Offramp

Post by Eyeball Chair »

Fr8ghtrain wrote:Vince is doing well and living in Huntington Beach He is still as clever as ever and every once in a while he writes a funny song. I'm trying to coax him to post more. Here's one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLsVgPFHpV0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cool! Nice to hear he still does music. I wish Al would let y'all release those Hollywood Offramp songs and other such things, but, you know how he feels about his early works. A lot of artists don't appreciate their early works though, so I guess I don't blame him.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Just found a song by Vince Sanchez on the Funny 25 for 1981, a snippet of Jimmy Durantes Nose, which I assume is a parody of Bette Davis Eyes
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

minnick27 wrote:Just found a song by Vince Sanchez on the Funny 25 for 1981, a snippet of Jimmy Durantes Nose, which I assume is a parody of Bette Davis Eyes
I found it, I think I found the full mp3 actually. It was rather odd.

Also, I found this. http://www.madmusic.com/song_details.aspx?SongID=41596" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; bob Dylan parody.
George Taylor III

Post by George Taylor III »

This is George Taylor... I played drums and recorded with Al on "American Slob" and "Number One With the Bullet". At that same session, we recoded "Your Mama Don't Dance But She Can Rock and Roll" by Elton John. Al was sitting in the recording area. If you listen carefully, you can hear him playing too. When the lyric's were recoded, it became "Signal Hill Surfing Song". Funny thing, By pure coincidence, Frank Sanchez who played bass on those lives just 3 miles away again... now we live in Colorado, not California. Frank's brother Vince and I attended High School together.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

George Taylor III wrote:This is George Taylor... I played drums and recorded with Al on "American Slob" and "Number One With the Bullet". At that same session, we recoded "Your Mama Don't Dance But She Can Rock and Roll" by Elton John. Al was sitting in the recording area. If you listen carefully, you can hear him playing too.
Interesting. And now that makes me want to open this topic back up again: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11034
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
George Taylor III

Post by George Taylor III »

The master to Number One With a Bullet and American Slob are in my basement.
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

George Taylor III wrote:The master to Number One With a Bullet and American Slob are in my basement.
That's awesome. Slob is a gem of a song. Lucky you that you have the masters.
lestatkatt
Occasional

Post by lestatkatt »

'Slob' was only played once on Dr D back in 1978. All copies circulating are from a off-air tape of that broadcast (including the mp3 of the show on drdemento.com.) You can always request the song to be played again on a current Dr D show. Still One of the best sources for these rare recordings.....