Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread - WINNER REVEALED!

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Re: Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread

Post by Teh Dingo »

If 2 buys me one more challenge after this, than 2, 2, for the love of Rboy, 2!

I can suspend Mary's account for a few days in case, right? :lookaround:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

The first option does just seem a lot simpler and would probably speed up the game, but I could obviously see many more players going for the second option...so put me down for option 2.

EDIT: I just messaged Amerah on facebook about this. I think I'll Pm Mary tomorrow.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

Sigh whatever I forgot
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I am firmly in the camp of option 1 here. It's one thing to mess with the game by eliminating someone who isn't voting, but it's a whole different can of worms to not eliminate the person with the most votes because of it.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

:lame: :rolleyes:

I waited until the very last second to send my vote in, and not one person bothered to contact me. Really silly if you ask me. I flat out told you I was a swing vote. I flat out told you all you had to do was tell me who to vote for.

Doesn't surprise me really. So far I haven't seen much smart game play. A bold move would have been to contact me and tell me to vote for someone, then turn around and vote me out anyway. My vote might have come in handy later in a tie-breaker. But no, you all wasted a free vote. Idiots.

There is one player that I'm currently voting for at the Final Two. This can change if I see someone else deserves it, but I realize I'm not dealing with the most cerebral bunch here. I debated not putting his name and letting you morons figure it out on your own, but you obviously need all the help you can get. So, TMBJon, keep doing what you are doing if you want my vote. Everyone else, make a damn move that shows me you are in charge or serious about this game. Or don't. Whatever. There are lots of seats left on the jury. Just don't expect me to be pleasant when you get here. :gun:

*dyes my hair purple and shaves it into a mohawk* :x:

Dave
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

This challenge will be posted Sunday, March 25 at 11 PM EDT. It is not a live challenge; however, there is a race component to it, so I'd suggest you at least read the instructions as early as you can.

Right now I'm leaning towards option 1 as far as the self-votes go. The official decision will be announced on Sunday along with the challenge, so please continue to give your feedback...
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

IC9 – Permanent Record

Once again, a combination of your knowledge of Al history and strategy will determine who will secure their safety for the next vote.

In a moment, I'll post a list of 50 events related to Al. Some of them are pretty straightforward; others less so. Your goal is to figure out the exact date these events occurred on and then list them in order. (Unless otherwise specified, all release/broadcast dates are for the United States.)

You won't be listing them in strict chronological order of what happened earliest, however. Your list should include the events in calendar order--so an event that occurred on January 7, 2003 would precede an event that occurred on May 10, 1985 on your list. Each event has a slot on the master list of answers, placed in the correct order, so if you mix up two events, you lose two points--no big deal. But if you forget an event, or include it too early on your list, that would subsequently push everything up or down and potentially destroy your score. So be careful. For ease of scoring, please write (or copy) each event exactly as it is written on the list.

Your score will be determined by the number of answers you have in the correct slot, multiplied by the inverse order of how you send them in. The first person to submit will have their correct answers multiplied by 10; the second person, by nine; etc.

But as you probably already suspected…there is a twist.

There will be three additional bonus tasks that will allow you to score up to 15 extra points (these will be added to your score before the multiplier). Sounds awesome, right? There's a catch. These tasks will be posted one at a time, on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night. You're welcome to submit your entry as soon as you wish, but you have to wait if you want these bonus points. Of course, by waiting, it gives your fellow players an opportunity to snatch up the early bird multiplier points (you may not amend your entry once you've submitted it). You can complete any or all of the bonus tasks.

You must submit your entry by Thursday, March 29 at 8 PM EDT. If you have any questions, ask away. Good luck!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

1. Al performs "I Lost on Jeopardy" on Welcome to the Fun Zone
2. Al performs live on VH1's Big in '06 special
3. "Al Plays Hooky" airs for the first time
4. Al posts a blog stating that Lady Gaga refused permission for a "Born This Way" parody
5. Al's Biography episode debuts on A&E
6. Al's first accordion lesson takes place
7. Al's first album on Volcano Records released
8. Al's first concert at Disneyworld
9. Al's first Simpsons episode makes its DVD debut
10. Al's second-highest charting 80s single is recorded
11. Alpocalypse tracklist posted on WeirdAl.com
12. "Another One Rides the Bus" played on Tom Snyder's Tomorrow
13. Ben Folds album featuring Al's backing vocals on "Time" released
14. Billy Joel sings "It's Still Billy Joel to Me" at a Q&A with college students
15. "Buy Me a Condo" is recorded
16. "Circus" episode of Yo Gabba Gabba (featuring Al) is first released on DVD
17. Cover date of Goldmine issue that features Al on the cover
18. Cover date of People Weekly issue that profiled Al and the success of "Eat It"
19. Earliest recording date for a song that would appear on Alapalooza
20. Fictional date of Al's show at Stevie Wonder's Driving School in Wausau, WI
21. First concert of 1997
22. First concert outside California
23. First worldwide compilation released that includes the studio versions of both "Eat It" and "The Saga Begins"
24. Front cover of The Weird Al Show DVD release is revealed on WeirdAl.com
25. Greatest Hits Vol. II reaches its #198 peak on the Billboard chart
26. "It's Still Billy Joel to Me" tops the Dr. Demento Funny 5 for the first time
27. Jeopardy! has all Al-related category names in the Double Jeopardy round
28. Jibjab's first Al video debuts online
29. Johnny Dangerously is released theatrically in Sweden
30. Jurassic Park Rifftrax with Al goes on sale
31. King of the Hill episode that says "'Weird Al' Yankovich blew his brains out in the late 80s" airs for the first time
32. Last Al-TV to air on MTV premieres
33. Last recording session of 1994
34. Lead single for Polka Party! released
35. "Money for Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies*" is released as a single
36. Most recent "Ask Al" column on the official website
37. Music video featuring Al and Lou Ferrigno among others first released on VHS
38. Nina Yankovic is born
39. Peter and the Wolf is released
40. "Pretty Fly for a Rabbi" released as an Australian CD single
41. Quiet Riot album that thanks Al in the liner notes released
42. Ren and Stimpy: The Lost Episodes DVD, with introduction by Al, released
43. Second studio album to thank Dr. Demento is released
44. Steve Jay is born
45. "Tank: Experiment 526" (Lilo and Stitch episode with Al as the Singing Minstrel) first airs
46. "The Alternative Polka" is recorded
47. The Simpsons episode which the prank call from "Phony Calls" is taken from first airs
48. The Weird Al Show is broadcast for the last time on CBS
49. "Weird Al" Yankovic – Live! debuts on VH1
50. Weird: The Al Yankovic Story is posted on FunnyOrDie

While I can't clarify every event, please let me know if anything is confusing or misleading.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Question

The VH1 Big in 06 Awards was taped. Are you asking for the actual date of taping or the airdate?
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Do we need to include dates when we submit the lists? Are they chronological order or reverse chronological? If the answers happen to be in your original post about the game, whatever I'm a retard. Put me down. Like in the dog way.