Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread - WINNER REVEALED!

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread

Post by anthontherun »

Big Spoon wrote:Using the double vote for my immunity.
I'll edit this into the TC post above. :Y
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I will be keeping immunity
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Keeping mine too.

Dave
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Alright, folks--you cannot vote for Elvis or the dingo. Everybody else is fair game. Big Spoon, you get to cast two votes. Voting is officially open!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Tribal Council #7 Discussion

As always, these questions are entirely optional--you can answer as many or as few as you wish, either here or in the Chitchat topic.

1. It's no secret that there are more former Minor Celebrities than Jungle Cruise Guides in the Helen Kellers tribe. Do you see the tribes sticking together for good, or will the merge create some new alliances and dynamics?
2. With the jury beginning next round, how does that affect your strategy?
3. Now that the game is individual, do you see it as a matter of taking out threats as soon as possible, or do you hope to create an endgame with the best players duking it out?
4. If you don't have immunity, how worried are you that your name will come up at this Tribal Council? And if you do have immunity, how valuable is it for you tonight?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

All the votes are in, so let's proceed with...

TRIBAL COUNCIL #7 RESULTS

Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. That person will also relinquish their Survivor avatar and return to their normal avatar as soon as possible.

A reminder: Please don't take it too personally if you are voted out. No vote for any individual should be taken as an assault on or insult to them as a person or as a member of this forum. Remember, we are all still friends here in WOWAY. But remember too -- this is a GAME, and it is a game in which players must do what they must strategically in order to win!

I'll read the votes.

(Highlight the quote boxes to read the individual votes. Read one at a time for dramatic effect!)
Spoiler:
RyanHippFTW
Spoiler:
RyanHippFTW
Spoiler:
RyanHippFTW
Spoiler:
RyanHippFTW
Spoiler:
RyanHippFTW
Spoiler:
minnick27
Spoiler:
minnick27
Spoiler:
minnick27
Spoiler:
minnick27
Spoiler:
minnick27
Spoiler:
The remaining three votes all were for the same person.
The seventh person voted out of Weird Al Survivor IX...

Spoiler:
minnick27

minnick, the tribe has spoken. Image

It's time for you to go.
Please feel free to say some final words or leave a goodbye message in this thread. Thank you so much for playing; I hope you had fun. Remember to relinquish your Survivor avatar.

The rest of you Survivors, remember to keep the chit chat in the other thread! dingo and Elvis, make sure you remove your Immunity avatars.

PARTING WORDS
It seems as though tribal lines run deep...or do they? The Jungle Cruise Guides came into this merge with only four members, yet there were five votes cast against a member of the Minor Celebrities. One thing's for sure: as the numbers start dwindling, the votes of those in the minority will become more and more valuable.

That's especially true now that all 11 remaining players will be a part of this game until the bitter end--two of you will make it to the finals, while the other nine will make up the jury that decides which of those finalists will win Weird Al Survivor IX. If you have any questions about the jury and how it works, please feel free to ask.

(I'd also like to ask minnick to continue watching the game and serve as a standby juror just in case.)

Tree Mail will be posted later tonight! In the meantime, let me know in the Chitchat topic what time(s) would be good for this Thursday night.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I'm going to tentatively scheduled this challenge for Thursday night, March 15 at 7:30 PM EDT. So far that time seems to work for people, but if not, let us know. With 11 players, I can't guarantee that we'll be able to accommodate everyone but we'll do our best. This will be a live challenge, and it should take less than 20 minutes.

------------------------------

As a reminder, keep sending me your confessionals! I've heard from several players but would love to get everyone's thoughts and strategies about the game. All will be kept strictly confidential.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread

Post by minnick27 »

Man I was willing to switch my loyalty too! It was fun to play and I made it to the merge. Good luck to my fellow teammates.

Eta: yes I will watch and be an alternate juror
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

IC8 – Everything You Know is Wrong

In the next post, you'll see 15 Al-related trivia questions. Some of them may require a bit of Googling, but you'll probably notice that most of them are actually very simple. That's because this challenge isn't about how much you know about Al--it's about how much you know about your fellow players.

You will be answering these trivia questions by PM, but in the same PM, you will be submitting a second list of 15 answers: namely, how many players (including yourself--so out of 11) answered each question correctly.

So, for example, let's look at a hypothetical three-question quiz and what you would submit to me via PM. Please note that these questions are not part of the challenge; they are merely examples.

1. What rapper caused a stir over the lead parody of Bad Hair Day?
2. What band does the song "Dare to Be Stupid" style parody?
3. What is the name of Al's pet hamster as immortalized on Alapalooza?

Your PM would look something like this (the format doesn't matter as long as I can tell both sets of answers):

1. Coolio
2. Devo
3. Harvey

1. 8
2. 4
3. 10

Of course, because of the format of this challenge, it might actually serve you well to throw in a few incorrect answers on purpose. It's up to you. The number of correct answers for each question will be tallied up, and then the difference between that number and the number you guessed will be added together. So in the example above, let's say that the actual number of correct answers was 7, 10, and 5 respectively. Your score would be 12 (1 + 6 + 5). The person who has the lowest score (the most accurate) will be declared the winner of this challenge.

There is, however, an additional strategic layer to this challenge: if there happens to be a tie for the winner, the person with the highest score (the least accurate) will decide who will win immunity among the tied contestants. (Obviously, if a player doesn't submit an entry at all, they are ineligible.) If there's a tie for that too, we'll do a game of Weird Al Trivia Chicken between those players (this is the same as the "last resort" Tribal Council tiebreaker).

Each guess must be a number 0-11. You are certainly welcome to discuss your answers privately with one another, but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to be honest if you choose to do so… ;) You may not change your entry once you've submitted it. If you fail to answer a question and/or guess the number of correct answers, you will automatically be given 11 points for that question. Spelling doesn't matter as long as I can make out what you're saying.

You have just over 48 hours to submit your answers and guesses, which is technically Sunday at 3:30 AM EDT. I know this is a really awkward, late hour so if you wish to give immunity to another player or exchange it for either a double vote or an advantage in the next challenge should you win, you may say so in your PM.

If you have any questions, please ask. Good luck!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

1. What is the earliest (released) Al song that contains the number 27 in the lyrics?
2. Fill in the blank from the UHF commentary: "Orion, Orion is _______ now."
3. Whose "creepy laugh" after ripping a stranger's face off and wearing it as a mask "still haunts [Al's] dreams to this day"?
4. Who is the only artist to inspire two lead parodies?
5. What Weezer song was nearly included in "The Alternative Polka"?
6. Which came first: The Food Album or The TV Album?
7. Which Al song name-checks the show Survivor?
8. What is the only Al studio album released less than a year after its predecessor?
9. Who did Al once call "the nicest future murder suspect I've ever known"?
10. What album once featured a sticker alerting purchasers that it was not the Jurassic Park soundtrack?
11. What band's ill-fated December 3, 1979 concert in Cincinnati is referenced in "Another One Rides the Bus"?
12. Who are the two artists whose names are in the titles of Al parodies of their songs? (Hint: One is unreleased.)
13. What "very tasty" fish did the winning Wheel of Fish contestant pass over in favor of what was in the box?
14. According to the liner notes of Permanent Record, what song did Al consider recording in Italian?
15. For legal reasons, what Al song features an asterisk (*) as part of its official title?