Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread - WINNER REVEALED!

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread

Post by anthontherun »

TRIBAL COUNCIL #3 RESULTS

Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. That person will also relinquish their Survivor avatar and return to their normal avatar as soon as possible.

A reminder: Please don't take it too personally if you are voted out. No vote for any individual should be taken as an assault on or insult to them as a person or as a member of this forum. Remember, we are all still friends here in WOWAY. But remember too -- this is a GAME, and it is a game in which players must do what they must strategically in order to win!

I'll read the votes.

(Highlight the quote boxes to read the individual votes. Read one at a time for dramatic effect!)
Spoiler:
RobInMD
Spoiler:
RobInMD
Spoiler:
Akrovak
Spoiler:
Akrovak
Spoiler:
The remaining votes were all for the same person.

The third person voted out of Weird Al Survivor IX...
Spoiler:
Akrovak

Akrovak, the tribe has spoken. Remember to relinquish your Survivor avatar.

It's time for you to go. Thank you for playing! Please feel free to say some final words or leave a goodbye message in this thread.

The rest of you Survivors, remember to keep the chit chat in the other thread!

-----------------

KIDNAPPING #3
The Minor Celebrities have decided to kidnap...

Spoiler:
WeirdMary0427
In a moment, you will lose access to your tribe's forum and see the Minor Celebrities forum. You'll stay there until the next challenge is posted, unless of course you decide to permanently join that tribe.

Stay tuned for Tree Mail, posted in a few minutes!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

This challenge will not require any live participation. It will be posted tomorrow, Wednesday, February 15 at 9 PM EST (also the deadline for Mary to decide to switch tribes).

------------------------------

As a reminder, keep sending me your confessionals! I've heard from several players but would love to get everyone's thoughts and strategies about the game. All will be kept strictly confidential.
WeirdMary0427
Obsessed

Post by WeirdMary0427 »

Ok, I've made my decision...

I choose:
Spoiler:
the Minor Celebrities
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Alright, it's official; Mary is now part of the Minor Celebrities! Make sure you change your avatar!
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

IC 4--Stop Forwarding This Crap to Me

Stop Forwarding That Crap to Me: Each Tribe will be responsible for writing an Al-related creative and humorous e-mail in the style of Stop Forwarding That Crap to Me. It could be a chain e-mail (which could include some ridiculous consequence of not forwarding the e-mail), a series of false attributions and quotations, a story in serious need of the Snopes treatment, some combination of the above, or any other kind of e-mail mentioned in the song. Entries will be evaluated based on the originality and creativity of the e-mail, compliance with instructions, and humor. Each Tribe's submission must be posted in their respective Submission threads no later than 8 p.m. Saturday, February 18.

Questions? Ask away!

SURVIVORS.....READY.....AND....GO!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

As mentioned in the Chit-chat thread, we are going to have to have three Minor Celebrities sit out this challenge. Remember that you cannot sit out in back-to-back challenges, and the one after this will be live, so keep that in mind as you make your decision. Please announce who will be sitting out in this thread as soon as possible.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

All right, who's ready for some results? Both tribes' submissions were truly excellent, and both judges informed me that this was an extremely difficult decision. Nevertheless, a decision had to be made, and one Tribe will be losing another member.

Judge 1:
Tribe A:
Originality: 3 points—2/3

Creativity: 7 points—7/7

Humor: 7 points—5/7

Total: 14/17

Tribe B:
Originality: 3 points—2/3
Creativity: 7 points—7/7
Humor: 7 points—6/7

Total: 15/17
Judge 2:
Tribe A:
Originality: 2/3
Creativity: 7/7
Humor: 6/7
Total: 15/17

Tribe B:
Originality: 3/3
Creativity: 7/7
Humor: 7/7

Total: 17/17

Comments: Both entries were very good, but Tribe A’s entry wasn’t as funny as Tribe B’s. Both Tribes did a good job with their fake e-mail addresses, but I really loved Tribe B’s side effects. I think Tribe B’s worked better in general.

Tribe B wins immunity! Congratulat.....oh, you mean you want to know which Tribe is Tribe B? Well, I guess if you really have to....

Tribe B is........

Spoiler:
The Minor Celebrities!
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Tribal Council 4

This is where you will answer for your actions and your contributions to the tribe. At Tribal Council, fire represents life on the island. When your fire's gone, so are you.

This is how we'll vote:

Each of you will send me a Private Message with the name of the person you want to vote out of the tribe. Please use their actual SCREENNAME, so that it will be easier to tally the votes. You can include a reason if you'd like, but you don't have to. Once you've cast your vote, you may not change it. If any Tribe Members fail to vote by 8:30 p.m. EST Monday, February 20, their vote will count as an automatic vote against them. Once all the votes have been cast, I will tally and then read the votes.

Image RobinMD
Image Wizzerkat
Image Elvis
Image Melcor58
Image minnick27
Image the dingo

One of you will be the fourth person voted out of Weird Al Survivor IX. Another will be kidnapped by the Minor Celebrities immediately following Tribal Council results. (Tree Mail will be posted at the same time.)

If there are any questions about Tribal Council, ask them here, but remember to keep all Chit Chat in the Chit Chat thread.
Last edited by Kevbo1987 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Submission for Minor Celebrities:
To: 2 Billion Loser Friends ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected])
Subject: Stinky Cheese

Good evening,

My name is Sy Greenblum and I would like to share with you my secret. You see, people don’t usually guess from looking at me, but well, I have not always been this lucky with the ladies. Then one day, that all changed.

My good friend Harvey told me about these amazing BURLovR Pills. Just pop one a day, and before long you will transform from a poor little anorexic, co-dependent, bingo addict, who at the mere sight of a woman can’t decide whether he wants to practice neurosurgery or see The CareBears Movie, to a strong man, who feels so confident in his love life that he will dump a woman over things so insignificant as saying “infer” instead of “imply!”

Take me, for instance. Before I started taking Lovr Pills, I was a lowly skipper working on the Jungle Cruise Ride at Disneyland. I was half undressed, eating chips off my chest. I was nothing but a low down, sniveling, groveling, worthless hunk of slime! Sure I'm stuck in this office job, climbing up, up the corporate ladder, but now I trip over the women piled up at my feet. I'm the steaming hunk of love that every woman wants a piece of. This is the life, and it can be yours!

Now you may be asking, what can these pills do for ME?

There will be women lined up outside your door, who've been waiting there since the week before!
Never will you ever have to use the self-service pumps again!
Women's love for you will be like diarrhea; they just won't be able to hold it in!
Never again will you have to settle for a woman who’s just good enough for now!
Women will go so crazy for you that they will tattoo your name across their foreheads, and if you ever turn them down they’ll literally cry their eyes out!
Your kisses will reconfigure their DNA and after that they'll never be the same!
Women will beg you to let them be your hog. They'll scream, "Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby!!”
You’ll be such a good dancer, that you’ll attract your own teenybopper fan club!
Is one of that girl's earlobes just a tiny little bit too big? Well, forget about her! With these pills, you'll be able to find yourself a lady with a face that's real symmetrical and whose nostrils are so nice!

If you still aren’t quite convinced, just take this direct quote from George Carlin: “I use LOVR Pills every night before bed. It always helps the women I’m with to shout out the Seven Words You Can’t Say On Television!”

Thank you for your time, good friend! I really hope that you take me up on my offer, because frankly, a person as pitiful as you who’s never even had a non-inflatable date could really use these pills!

Oh yeah, and one other thing: a curse has been put on this e-mail chain, and unless you want your mother to be killed in her sleep by an evil half-man, half-flesh-crazed weasel, forward my message on to every single person you know, so hit send right now!

So remember, ask your doctor (or surgeon) about BUrLovR today. It's completely risk-free!*

Your close, personal friend,

Sy

*Warning: possible side effects made include, but are not limited to canned laughter, solid mucus, rocky road addiction, Buckingham Blues, a pinch to grow an inch, car dragging, bologna addiction, late payments, mellowness, death, narcissism, emphysema, 3D vision, loss of appetite, bust line growth, hair of gold, a t-shirt with the alligator on, polkas on 45, sticky scalp, suede monarchism, great dancing skills, meat chopping, homicidal mania, stupidity, complications, spitting on a fish, barking up a, tree, urge to migrate, getting down, smelling fowl, broken heart, wrinkles, greenness, speaking in tongues, jungle fever, death ray eyes, slimy lizard skin, an evil looking grin, need of a manicure, fungus covered hands, eyes like some kind of bug, midday cravings, unwise spending habits, news and weather from Peru, hooked on polkas, incomplete hernia, epigastria hernia, bladder hernia, lumbar hernia, Richter's hernia, obstructed hernia, inguinal hernia, direct hernia, ruptures, private parking spaces, potato addiction, one of those days, Ed McMahon worship, wearing those shoes, toothlessness, averageness, mutation, radiation poisoning, massive weight gain, strange dreams, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, building a model of the Eiffel Tower out of Belgian waffles, involuntary cloning, craving Italian food, stalker tendencies, divorce, Elvis worship, knot tying, sociopathic tendencies, money for nothing, swimming pools, movie stars, sequelitis, growing 40,000 times your original size, Isle Thing, hot rocks, public access television addiction, being somebody's hog, crazy driving, chemical imbalances, liking spatulas so much that you buy the company, fun zoning, Spam in the place where you live, winding 21,140 pounds of string, going off the deep end, mumbling, screaming, not knowing what you're singing, marble mouth, trigger happiness, television snobbery, polkaing your eyes out, kidding, pancreatic shock, Oreo addiction, nostalgia, Mexican food addiction, frequent flyer miles, forgetting the plumber, not loving someone any more, 10 minutes of silence, biting me, shutting the fence off in the rain, youth, dumbness, ugliness, caveman stubble, 90,000 watts of Dolby sound, playing Achy Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus, traffic jams, dating Siamese twins, anorexia, co-dependence, bingo addiction, chin loss, dysentery, miming, biting, squealing, running around on a hamster wheel, fantastic waffles, bad hair days, churning butter once or twice, prosthetic lips, impacted molars, twelve cavities, calling in sick, sticking your hand inside a blender and turning it on, running, telling a joke and forgetting the punch line, syndication, remembering Larry, crank phone calls, insanity, running with scissors, increased midi-chlorian count, love of Eddie Vedder, Doing that Hebrew thing, making a mighty fine jelly-bean and pickle sandwich, watching Jerry Springer, obsessive compulsive disorder, polka power, doing a bunch of stuff, explosive flatulence, wasting time with all the chatroom yakkers, downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar, driving a truck, dieting, joining the Columbia Record Club, sauerkraut aversion, watching all the TV you ever wanted, brain turning to much, an exploding head just like Scanners, looking at all that stuff, wanting to throw up, throwing up, leprosy, Yugoslavian hands, constipation, incest, decapitation, selfishness, powers of a spider, speaking in palindromes, great feedback, popularity in France, pimped out MySpace pages, fluency in JavaScript, fluency in Klingon, editing Wikipedia, leaving home without your pancreas, leaving the house without packing heat, treating curling like it's a real sport, litigiousness, computer viruses, confessions, weasel stomping, owning Joe Dirt on DVD, forgetting the onions, downloading music illegally, suffering from delusions of adequacy, performing this way, disrespecting Charles Nelson Reilley, minor celebrity, being a crappy team for Weird Al Survivor, polka face, ordering a soy-bean decaf hazelnut latte, water-boarding, buying a crappy ringtone, tattoo accumulation, love, spastic bladder, liposuction, forwarding emails like this one and a mild rash.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Jungle Cruise Guides Submission:

http://www.visionsnet.com/survivor/surv.html