The Biggest Ball Of Twine In Minnesota

Moderator: Moderators

Big Roy

Re: The Biggest Ball Of Twine In Minnesota

Post by Big Roy »

Also great job with the Big Roy's Plumbing and heating, i searched for one, but I guess I didn't find it because I searched for heating and plumbing. Thanks
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I dunno, I think if you only stop for 8-10 hours per night, that still counts as driving straight through. The point is they didn't take any diversions and stop anywhere else on the way.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

You guys do know the song is not based on a true story, right? :P
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

AlejandraDD wrote:You guys do know the song is not based on a true story, right? :P
Whaat? Are you going to tell us next that Al never had a girlfriend fall in love with Eddie Vedder?
superQuizzie

Biggest Ball Of Twine In Minnesota

Post by superQuizzie »

I love the song because When Weird Al says The Biggest Ball Of Twine In Minnesota.... Its epic
arewethereyet
Occasional
Location: 70 miles east of the Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota

Post by arewethereyet »

On YouTube algonacchick commented that she had a postcard from the Twine Ball in Darwin, MN, thanks to a friend who mailed it to her. My daughter and I are planning to go there in about a week -- in past years they had "Twine Ball Days" the second week in August. I'll have to check to see they're still doing it; even if they aren't we will probably go anyway. Since any Close Personal Friend of Al is a Close Personal Friend of mine, if you would like me to send you a postcard, PM me with your snail mail address.
5/3/12 Minneapolis; 10/13/12 Milwaukee; 8/3/13 Prior Lake, MN; 8/4/13 Des Moines; 7/3/15 Prior Lake, MN; 8/18/16 Thunder Bay, Ontario; 4/3/18 Minneapolis; 6/23/19 Madison; 8/27/19 MN State Fair
JohnnyLurg
Regular
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"

Post by JohnnyLurg »

I think the ball of twine from Sam and Max Hit the Road might be bigger.
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

New article in The Atlantic about the history of the four biggest twine balls in the world, starting with our famous one in Darwin, MN, and also exploring three other twine balls which claim to be the world's largest.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/a ... ne/379828/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

The Darwin one looks most like a ball. The Branson and JFK ones look like flattened eggs or potatoes or something.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
craig

Biggest Ball of Twine in a Bank Radio Commercial

Post by craig »

A local bank chain in my area has a radio commercial about getting a Home Equity Loan. They say something like use the money to pay off credit cards, do remodeling, buy a boat, go see the Biggest Ball of Twine, etc. I don't live in MN, so that commercial wouldn't say go see the Biggest Ball of Twine in Darwin. So I don't if they just made that up, or if they were thinking of the twine ball in Darwin.